• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NOT B-body but any Dodge truck tech's here? Need help!!

QuickBpBp

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:18 AM
Reaction score
No one has the correct wiper motor for my 2003 Ram 2500 4x4. They have some tiny wiper crank that my wipers will just fall off of. They are telling me I need to replace the arms and pivots and linkages. F-That. Do any mechanics or hobbyists know what I need so I don't keep paying and get the wrong one wasting my time and money. No one stocks them and all must be paid for in advance. The wiper crank pivot does not interchange with the new one. Splines are tiny compared to original. Here is what I have... Any help is greatly appreciated tired of dealing with idiots...

IMG_1372.JPG IMG_1373.JPG IMG_1374.JPG

Are you looking for a new motor, not used?

I'll check where I work for you. We mostly cater to professional shops.

I wanted a new "reman" one since a 15 year old motor may not have a lot of life left in it...

Looks like the arm that's attached to your motor removes, therefore the splined section would transfer to a new motor. Rockauto.com shows several choices, but none have the arm attached.

Looks like the arm that's attached to your motor removes, therefore the splined section would transfer to a new motor. Rockauto.com shows several choices, but none have the arm attached.

Yes that is the wiper crank but mine has a larger spline and falls right over the new unit as it is a tiny version spline on the aftermarket... Look at the pics you can see how little the nut is on the aftermarket compared to the oem. 3 different places all sell the same motor that is wrong. I got everything fixed now. Hopefully others can read this and see what a nightmare a simple job can be with not being able to get correct oem parts...

Assuming its just the motor that's bad, why don't you unbolt it and swap it over to your existing arm/bolt section? the internals should be the same. Watch out for the brushes though so they don't get damaged when you do the swap.

Assuming its just the motor that's bad, why don't you unbolt it and swap it over to your existing arm/bolt section? the internals should be the same. Watch out for the brushes though so they don't get damaged when you do the swap.

It's fixed now and if the arm pivot and internal splines were different so who knows what the internal guts were compared to the OEM motor as that one also needed an adaptor for the wiring harness...

Auto Transport Service
Back