• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NOT MINE. Junkyard car with disc brakes Northern CA

Kern Dog

Life is full of turns. Build your car to handle.
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:29 AM
Reaction score
I saw this complete car at the Pick-N-Pull in Rocklin, CA.

42F052E6-2CF0-4A6F-856D-C05F19FDD05A.jpeg

1980 Chrysler Cordoba.

E2DB41AD-EA89-47C9-B707-DE528656B838.jpeg

Ever see this engine code?

DF191A83-74DB-46DA-9237-F6423C4CBAA4.jpeg

E 46?
Yeah. 318 4 barrel.

188ABF85-3CAB-41BA-ABFC-739469A9433D.jpeg

2BCE2BB8-6076-4D19-AE3F-4ED25F4745D4.jpeg

Not a lean burn but it did have some weird spark control system with no vacuum advance.

D5D09F6D-B71F-466D-AE9F-2A521CC0D1AD.jpeg
Someone screwed up.

867AE510-98FE-4E02-A790-1B6B18C9F673.jpeg

They rarely leave batteries in these cars.

The car is complete. Aside from some body damage, I couldn’t find anything missing. It has an 8.25 axle with 2.45 gears and 10” drum brakes. These axles are close to 62-70 B body width and would fit a Duster or Demon.
The 11” front discs look excellent.
Go get ‘em !

I only post this to alert others. I do not post this with any intention to pull any part from it for sale. This thread is only to help those looking for these parts. Thank you.

Last edited:
8D6009F3-9195-4273-8CD4-98325A668B23.jpeg

No grooves. It had a 2 bolt aluminum and plastic master cylinder too.

Dam I would be picking that car apart.

I wouldn't have posted it for that guy. He builds nothing, he only grabs parts to sell online.
I could have done that and just told nobody.
The reason for this thread is to help the budget conscious car guy, not the flippers.
1708827093272.png

Iron spread bore....
I picked up one a few weeks back from a FABO member.

around here they are asking $150 for an intake

side note -how is your dog Greg since he got cut up from the stuff in the back yard?

Why do you say it's not a lean burn? Sure looks like one to me... All the timing control & the mixture solenoid is handled by the box on the aircleaner... Two big electrical connectors & a vacuum hose... The 76-78 said Lean Burn on the box, later ones said Electronic fuel control system.. Some said Combustion Computer others spark control system

'79 have Electronic Spark Control. It does not run the engine lean. It runs the engine close to the correct stoichiometric ratio.

The label on that '80 Cordoba says something like "Command Computer"? Difficult to read on my cellphone.

side note -how is your dog Greg since he got cut up from the stuff in the back yard?
Wow.....that is very considerate of you to ask!

Both our girls have healed up nicely. Thank you.

Why do you say it's not a lean burn? Sure looks like one to me... All the timing control & the mixture solenoid is handled by the box on the aircleaner... Two big electrical connectors & a vacuum hose... The 76-78 said Lean Burn on the box, later ones said Electronic fuel control system.. Some said Combustion Computer others spark control system

I thought the Lean Burn faded and then the electronic spark control was the early version of computer control. The carburetor had no wires to it that I could see.

'79 have Electronic Spark Control. It does not run the engine lean. It runs the engine close to the correct stoichiometric ratio.

The label on that '80 Cordoba says something like "Command Computer"? Difficult to read on my cellphone.
C 10.JPG

When I was doing drivability work at the local dodge dealer in 82-84 they had different names but those two plugs on the aircleaner all plugged into the same big scope style tester , they all had similar problems and they all sucked... Honestly I'm amazed there was still one running recently enough to get to the Rocklin PnP.... Probably dead in a garage for the past twenty plus years.... Cause they surely can't pass a California smog test...

I have no stake in this. I was just passing along information to help people. Guys are always talking about upgrading to disc brakes, this car has them in great condition. I never mentioned any interest in pulling parts for anyone.

As far as the car goes quite honestly those cars ran like ****.. I spent two years doing drivability on them & hated it... Customers hated them... People who had owned Dodges for years bought those turds and I heard plenty of them saying they would never buy a Dodge again...

Leaving Dodge & going to Ford was the best thing ever... Ford built a few turds with VV carbs... But with a few adjustments you could make those run pretty good... The Dodges? Take that **** off & use a normal Distributor & carb... But that isn't legal... And here in California you can't get around it...

Auto Transport Service
Back