Pointed out . . . that the tub faucet was not centered in the new cast iron tub. Guess what that meant . . . Reworking the plumbing. So my dad had bought me a re-circulating pump, to allow for instant hot water at the taps, but that required a full loop of plumbing to allow re-circulation. Since this was also plumbing - got two birds done with one stone . . . Yup, yet another side project . . . This is my access to the crawl space . . . Spent a lot of time under there cleaning it up after I bought the house . . . don't really like going in there to do work . . . But I have added lighting, and multiple vapor barriers - which makes it a bit "nicer" than crawling in the dirt . . . Finished up all the plumbing work . . . Notice the painted floor joists - had mold down there, so the joists were all wiped down with clorox/water mixture and then painted with primer . . . All of the Hot water pipes were covered with rubber insulation ( not the cheap foam stuff ) On to some of the more "interesting" details of this project - hooking up the pump and testing . . . Before we could hook it up we needed to drain the tank ( holy crap was that an endeavor . . . ) Here's only part of what we got out of the tank . . . Then we fitted up all the parts and got this - through the floor up to the pump - then back down and into the original tank drain location . . . Here's the pump hook up - originally it stopped at the left cutoff - which allowed us to get to the pump as time permitted and still use the hot water. - - added a check valve on the water inlet ( far left tube ) to not feed water back to my well house - - (2) dielectric unions on either side of the pump to prevent a short running through the pipes - - (2) ball valves to allow the pump to be replaced from the system ( fairly easily ) - - thought the pump would act as a check valve for the hot water ( guessed wrong - had to add one more check valve in the system ) Part of the "fun" that we had was that the tank was not heating the water - so drain the tank and find this . . . one fried heating element . . . And the final look of this amateur plumbing installation . . . The brass area on the right is the new check valve that was needed and a union was added below that too. - - added a aqua-stat to allow it to control the pump with pipe water temps - - also have the manual mode for running with the timer that came on the pump - - and added an OFF position in case the house will be empty if going on vacation ( just in case ) - - all the electrical was done in a junction box - - and the pipes were all insulated as they were done under the house too With about 80 feet of pipe the pump runs less than 3 minutes to get the water hot and then shuts off. Love it - works great . . .