• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Not too happy with AMD

Posted AMD valve cover comments in Engine section, for anyone interested.

Just to follow up my last posting about this and to verify what Hemirunner said about AMD not making quarter panels... Hemirunner is correct--AMD does not make quarter panels for this car. Quarter panels "skins" for 1967 Satellites are available from vendors like Year One and Summit, etc.

I spoke briefly with one of the owners of the AMD installation site near where my car is located in Georgia. I don't know other members' experience with other AMD installation sites or with AMD products in general, but this location has a very good reputation and is doing top notch work. The people who were steering me there know their stuff and they know these guys pretty well. Unfortunately, this shop has too big a backlog of work to take my car any time soon so I am looking elsewhere in the interest of keeping the project moving in a fairly timely manner. Some of you may think I dodged a bullet--only time will tell I guess.

Auto Transport Service
Back