• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Oak island

You can pan for gold on National Forest land in the Black Hills and I get the biggest kick out of watching people do it. If one could see a movie of these creek beds you would see were they were worked over hard 100 years ago and over and over again since. All that's left is little bits of flour and there never were nuggets.

Standing in knee deep, ice cold water, just to find five bucks worth of gold. If you get yourself a claim, which isn't cheap, then you can run a sluice box. A friend of mine had a sluice and a gas powered pump. He would vacuum the backside of rocks and dig at cracks in the bedrock on his claim. He averaged an ounce to an ounce and a half a day, that's not bad money. He wore a wetsuit to deal with the cold and tied a rope upstream to hang onto, keeping him from floating down stream.

You can pan for gold on National Forest land in the Black Hills and I get the biggest kick out of watching people do it. If one could see a movie of these creek beds you would see were they were worked over hard 100 years ago and over and over again since. All that's left is little bits of flour and there never were nuggets.

Standing in knee deep, ice cold water, just to find five bucks worth of gold. If you get yourself a claim, which isn't cheap, then you can run a sluice box. A friend of mine had a sluice and a gas powered pump. He would vacuum the backside of rocks and dig at cracks in the bedrock on his claim. He averaged an ounce to an ounce and a half a day, that's not bad money. He wore a wetsuit to deal with the cold and tied a rope upstream to hang onto, keeping him from floating down stream.
Wow, 2-3000 a day?
But that wasn't in the good prices age I assume

A Bobby dazzler coin? A nail found in the triangle swap? A smiley face sticker from the 1,700’s?
Off to the war room to video call Marty!!

They had me because I still remember as a little kid reading about oak island in an Argosy magazine at the barbershop

Breaking News
Lol...what a coincidence.
"We" had DirecTV service "paused" for 3 months or so, and I have been doing OK with what is available via an inclusive, non-severable thus non-deductable channel package that Verizon includes w/my cell phone service, along with the incredible variety and quantity of channels I get for free via Samsung TV Plus app, and YouTube premium at $14/month means no commercials and other stuff.
Anyway, apparently DirecTV service started as did the billing without me knowing or authorization. That will be an unpleasant phone call tomorrow or soon, but when the bill came, I figured I'd see if the satellite equipment was actively working and it is, and I have a lot of stuff recorded including Oak Island that I really like but was only able to see Episode 1 and 2 w/out paying.
Well, I'm currently watching Episode 3 and 4 is recording so I'll have a "mini-binge" of Oak Island tonight.
:thumbsup: :lol:

"Could it be a piece of a ancient sailing ship? A ship with a secret cargo that was hidden on Oak Island? Matching a piece of wood found 5 years ago in the swamp?" Nope, I just another fricking stick! Each episode only has about 15 minutes of new content.

Geez, I started this 6 years ago?
Honestly quit watching like 3-4 years ago.
Maybe I'll have to give up Forged in Fire or Top Shot and see if anything happened.
:lol:
Man, I was all in, but then I just liked the little historical things.

It's on so damn late I missed the last episode.
Did they route around in the offset chamber yet lol

Rick Lagina had asked Dumas, the mining/tunnel/shaft company about the progress of permitting etc for them to go 20 ft deeper in the Garden Shaft and going horizontal from there, yada yada.
Anyway when Dumas replied with the FIVE HUNDRED YARDS OF RED TAPE BULLSHIT that "the government agencies" have to give their blessings on, Rick said something that actually made me want to PUKE: "We have to respect and honor the requests of the government authorities"....blah blah.
Sorry guys, and I understand the work they're doing can be hazardous by nature, even deadly, but especially since the worldwide "COVID FEAR ORGY" that DESTROYED so much, so many lives, and was DIRECTLY CAUSED by "government authorities" hearing something like that just makes me want to PROJECTILE BARF!!

Geez, I started this 6 years ago?
Honestly quit watching like 3-4 years ago.
Maybe I'll have to give up Forged in Fire or Top Shot and see if anything happened.
:lol:
Man, I was all in, but then I just liked the little historical things.

6 years on and all they've got is a few trinkets and a lot of hype and drama. I think that they could excavate that whole island all the way to China and they'll never find anything.

I think that they could excavate that whole island all the way to China and they'll never find anything.
I believe they will find treasure deposits. The gold and silver they have measured in the water came from treasure (coins, etc) and those elements do NOT easily leech or dissolve in water, so there must be a significant pile of it somewhere.

Oak Island is and has been a cash cow for all involved!!!!! After all said and done I bet there will be a large museum with all the bells and whisles and a hotel!!

Oak Island is and has been a cash cow for all involved!!!!! After all said and done I bet there will be a large museum with all the bells and whisles and a hotel!!
I'm sure they are and have been spending INSANE amounts of money on all that heavy equipment exploration work they've done over the years. I would doubt if they sold all the treasure that I hope they find they'd break even on the costs incurred.
They're definitely going to set up a tour and museum facility, that's pretty obvious.
I have no idea how much History Channel Discovery Network pays them for each episode, but I'd bet it's substantial!!

I'm registered for the Oak Island cruise ship tour hosted by William Shatner. A whole week of cruising around the island; As exciting as the show is.

I'm registered for the Oak Island cruise ship tour hosted by William Shatner. A whole week of cruising around the island; As exciting as the show is.
:poke: :lol:
That sounds like maybe you weren't directly responsible for arranging that trip??

Auto Transport Service
Back