• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

oak trees are late this year.....

eldubb440

more miracles than Jesus
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:55 PM
Reaction score
and making up for lost time....... my Durango was inside all weekend, put it outside last night; this is about 20 hours worth of pollen...... shocked anyone can breath around here

IMG_20240507_182709167.jpg
IMG_20240507_182719589.jpg
IMG_20240507_182731877.jpg

If it was a super bee you could drive it around the block and do some pollinating.

Pretty gnarly dude, I still think you need a new filter.
:poke:

Edit- what ohm ballast resistor would you use traversing the cosmos?

Oak trees suck. Let me count the reasons:

1. Pollen
2. Those caterpillar like droppings in the spring
3. Spitting sticky droplets all the time
4. Acorns in the fall. They suck to rake up.
5. Leaves that hang on all winter and drop in the spring

i have a maple against the house above my deck and entrance, yep it’s a mess in spring. i planted oaks , around 30 of them, but they’re out back well away from house . the pines around my house give off plenty of pollen, vechicles get the green tint daily . but i’m not complaining, better then the city dust and noise , i’ll take it …..and my oaks see like the last to bloom every years ! apple tree all in bloom now , the hill is alive and green again….

Last edited:
a lot of rain here lately, too........ you can almost hear the grass growing

What the heck kind of oak tree does that? You guys have those new fangled pin oaks or gold oaks out there? "Live oak"(whatever that is....)
In WI it is just Red oak and White oak. I don't think either do that crazy stuff. Red oaks leaf up late and sometimes hold the leaves until it snows. Otherwise they are nice trees.

Yeah it's nasty here too...

If not for the 4 huge Liveoak's "scub-oaks" next to us in the easement,
it's be OK
only thing I'm allergic to I know of is Oak Mold, plenty of that crap too

What the heck kind of oak tree does that? You guys have those new fangled pin oaks or gold oaks out there? "Live oak"(whatever that is....)
In WI it is just Red oak and White oak. I don't think either do that crazy stuff. Red oaks leaf up late and sometimes hold the leaves until it snows. Otherwise they are nice trees.

northern red oaks.....it's the state tree

Oak trees suck. Let me count the reasons:

1. Pollen
2. Those caterpillar like droppings in the spring
3. Spitting sticky droplets all the time
4. Acorns in the fall. They suck to rake up.
5. Leaves that hang on all winter and drop in the spring
I use to wait to open my pool till after all those things you call, caterpillar like droppings fell. I called it applesauce, that's what it looks like in the pool skimmer. You're right, they suck.

I washed this thing Thursday; looks like we have entered phase 2 .......this is the stuff rotted cowls are made of :mad:

1715460573032.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back