• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OEM talight gasket

tomlin

Local time
3:32 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone know what Dodge used for a tailight gasket on the 66 Charger? I am talking about the once piece gasket that went between the light assembly and the body. The one I had on it was white foam. It didn't look correct and appeared to have leaked or been leaking. Looks like a piece of crap to be honest.

Yes, I believe it was white foam. Only reason for it was to stop squeaks and movement noise.
If it is leaking, it is probably the lens gasket.

Thanks for the info. I noticed some corrosion behind the foam when I originally took it apart. That's kind of why I figured it may have leaked at some point. Honestly though, come to think about it there was not a lot of paint in the area from the factory. She is painted now and I doubt it will ever corrode there again. I will either purchase the correct foam or make one out of adhesive weatherstrip. Thanks again!

the one I took out was white foam I thought it may have been replaced but maybe not .still working there but I was thinking weather stripping sticky one side you can buy many thicknesses

Auto Transport Service
Back