• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Off to work on the engine build.....

cr8crshr

Local time
3:00 AM
Reaction score
Now that the heat has subsided...at least for the short term...here in N.Cali, I am off to work on the Motor today and then fire up the grill with my Brother...car is at his house...for a smoked Tri-Tip, fresh home grown Corn...the Yellow kind and not that white Sweet Corn stuff they sell here in the West...and a nice Salad. I will be fabricating my fuel line from the fuel rail to the fuel pump along with some touch up work in the engine compartment. I will have pics later today or tomorrow. In addition, I will be looking at the feasibility of pulling the tranny so I can have it looked at by my tranny shop...Stay tuned :blob1::blob1::blob1::blob1::blob1:

We will be waiting for them pics. Good luck , Ron

i gotta agree with you on the yellow corn lol! im tired of all the markets pushing the no flavor white corn!

i gotta agree with you on the yellow corn lol! im tired of all the markets pushing the no flavor white corn!
No arguement here on that one, BOY it was some gooooooooooooooooooood corn!!!!! :upside down::upside down: I figured it out Bro. Mopar didn't use Holley's for the very reason your having, even though they did! We'll get it!

No arguement here on that one, BOY it was some gooooooooooooooooooood corn!!!!! :upside down::upside down: I figured it out Bro. Mopar didn't use Holley's for the very reason your having, even though they did! We'll get it!

Yes the Corn was fantastic. So was the Tri-Tip and Spud. Too bad the home made Peach Ice Cream was too solid to spoon out. Let it melt a bit and I will grab some from you later. Great Saturday meal. Thanks Bro...

Well the day didn't go as expected. Plumbing Carb Fuel lines is an "*** pain." Had to spend even more $$ on parts that I am now most likely not going to use and will be hit with re-stocking fees because of it. I tell ya this build just doesn't want to happen for me. So, I am now really thinking hard about replacing the Holley Carb with a 1407 Edlebrock as I have the lines already in a pre-bent set up and it will be more of a bolt and go. Keep it Simple. I like the looks of the Holley 3310C/750 cfm carb sitting on top of the manifold and motor. This is my first Holley too. I went with coolness and looks as opposed to simplicity and function. You guys know what I mean...Needs and Wants!!! Any way, I am now on a hold for a few more weeks until I can save up and get the Edlebrock 1407. Look for the Holley over on the for sale side of this Board in a few days. Pics and all of course. As to a price? Right now I haven't a clue as it is now used albeit with less than 1.5 hours run time. But anything to help offset the cost of the 1407 will help. Pics of the Holley Carb just to get started. Stay tuned for that For Sale announcement...cr8crshr/Tuck

Attachments

• 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 135
  • 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 135
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 143
Is that a pretty stock 383? 750 might be a little optimistic for that. I might have a good 625 AFB hanging on the wall and you are not that far away from me.

IMG_1439_22_1 (Small).JPG

Meep Meep Thanks for the offer and suggestions....On my first 383 build I went with a 750 Edlebrock 1407 and it worked perfect. Cam is a mild but stout duration. Hughes 2328 grind so it does have some attitude. Unless you have some way of really plumbing good looking fuel lines from my fuel rail, I am going to keep it simple this time and go back to what I did with my first 383 build. But I will keep things open and maybe see if we can work something out down the road if need be. Man I can sure use the help on this one. Maybe you, Milt, Budnicks, and anyone else fairly close to me can hook up and get this thing done. I am really running out of desire and patience...cr8crshr/Tuck

You can see the light at the end of the tunnel even if you have to close your eyes a little. It's going to be a really nice car when your done.

Auto Transport Service
Back