• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Offenhauser vs Weiand vs Edelbrock

Okay, okay, I need to specify. You do not NEED an adapter. You can run it the way it is. But, it is more efficient with the spacer. Just be sure the gasket doesn't cover any holes in the bottom of what ever carb you'll be using.
Thank you!

When it gets out of back ordered purgatory it’ll get the edelbrock avs2 800cfm.

Okay, okay, I need to specify. You do not NEED an adapter. You can run it the way it is. But, it is more efficient with the spacer. Just be sure the gasket doesn't cover any holes in the bottom of what ever carb you'll be using.
Also could you explain the spacer?

Is it just a spread bore spacer, or is it a square bore to spread adapter?

you need a edel 2732 adapter to run a square bore on that intake unless you want a massive vacuum leak

you need a 2732 adapter to run a square bore on that intake unless you want a massive vacuum leak
That’s what I was thinking, but the crusher mentioned a spacer, I wasn’t sure if he’s referring to that, or an actual spacer.

Also thank you for actually helping, and not just throwing phrases out!

Also could you explain the spacer?

Is it just a spread bore spacer, or is it a square bore to spread adapter?
1657767633898.png
Adapter

the 2732 does not help flow, as for the spacer adapter maybe but who knows every engine is different, that goes on and on open spacer 4-hole spacer, single plane dual plane

Listen to BSB67. He don't say much, but he does know his stuff. If he says you don't need it, I believe him.

That looks a lot like the ch4b. Like I mentioned in a previous post, I guess after the NHRA stock class needed the part numbers, they just renamed it. But some claim the ch4b is better, and some claim the performer is better. Idk

View attachment 1312554
no i posted the wrong photo getting tired, I will try to find the right one

the 2732 does not help flow, as for the spacer adapter maybe but who knows every engine is different, that goes on and on open spacer 4-hole spacer, single plane dual plane
Yeah, I know that’s a tough question, everyone’s engine, and all the different spacers do different things, thanks!

Listen to BSB67. He don't say much, but he does know his stuff. If he says you don't need it, I believe him.
Sorry in my opinion, if someone knows their stuff they’ll take time explain it, especially if it’s something as simple as carburetor adapters.

Thanks Crusher. I hope I get one right once in awhile.

Of course I've run both 383 and 440 Performers ( and also DP4B and CH4B's) on B and RB engines with square bore Holley and Edelbrock carbs. Still have them. But real life experiances seem to play second fiddle to "some guy" in today's internet era. The part I don't understand is with all of the computer jockeys on here why nobody bothered to check at the Edelbrock web site.
I know it’s getting late, I greatly appreciate you taking the time, thank you!
:praying::thankyou:
I believe this is the old performer vs the new one.

View attachment 1312557

View attachment 1312558
No. The top one is the MP M1 dual plane

Settle down a bit, it's all good. Yes BSB67 has already gone through with all the different intakes. His advice is good, and he is donating his time to share his experience.

Personally, I'm a single plane guy. The TM series, the street dominator series, the M1s, all don't hurt the free inherent torque of the 440.
Based on trial and error.
please delete this, I realized the error in my response and deleted it. I’m just sick of people calling people that don’t have the same experience or knowledge keyboard warriors when they just when they ask for a little help.

I deleted it, but upon re reading the original post, I have to agree about the old ch4b being decent for what you're looking for.
BSB67 deserves some respect on his info sharing.

Auto Transport Service
Back