• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

oil pump pickup tube

blacdog2

Local time
9:13 AM
Reaction score
anyone know if theres maybe 2 different oil pump pickup tubes for 383"s . starting to put my buddys engine togther and the oil pump pickup tube seems to be larger than the threaded hole in the block. is there something im doing wrong or could it be wrong one? part # matches what i need on autozones site. HELP !

this isnt a hemi just a 383. not used to this style pickup tube. so is the thread like 1/2 inch npt?? just the one i have seems to big to thread into block

All the big bloacks were the same, except the Hemi. That pickup tube (and therefore the block) was a 1/2"

If you have a tube that is to large to fit the block, then it's the wrong one.

Yup, all big blocks except the Hemi were 3/8ths" NPT. Going to AutoZonedOut is probably your first mistake.... :D

I'm surprised Auto Zone even has this listed.

o'reilly's carries the pickups, made by melling. each pickup is different, not just diameter, based upon sump location though.

The pickup tube for the hemi is bigger than the 383/440.Alot of builders enlarge the pickup hole for more volume

Auto Transport Service
Back