• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Okay I give up. How does this tool work?

Billccm

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:26 AM
Reaction score
Hello:

My valve spring compressor tool was loaned out years ago and never came back. I borrowed this from a friend, but he forgot how it works. Anyone know how to use this?
Thanks and Happy New Year.

rrv4.jpg

Head off the car and place on the bench.
Support the valve from the combustion side so it doesn't drop.
From the top side, Grip the spring with the tangs.
Adjust tool to Compress spring and remove keepers from the valve stem, a small magnet helps.
Carefully release the spring so it doesn't boing all over the shop.
Screenshot_20211231-232325_Google.jpg

Thanks, but this tool has a adjuster bolt that I can't seem to figure out.

Hello:

My valve spring compressor tool was loaned out years ago and never came back. I borrowed this from a friend, but he forgot how it works. Anyone know how to use this?
Thanks and Happy New Year.

View attachment 1216181
It shouldn't have a bolt in it to work. You hook the arms into the valve spring coils and the fingers in my photo push down against the retainer. You adjust the tension and travel by screwing or unscrewing the pivot handle.

22984540_lis_16750_pri_larg.jpg

See RED ARROW. Somehow you adjust this for a pivot?

tool.jpg

Thanks, guys. You are correct. Not sure why it has this bolt in it? Happy New Year!

Try removing that bolt.
Maybe the last user needed the bolt to reach something odd.
It should line up better without it.

Try removing that bolt.
Maybe the last user needed the bolt to reach something odd.
It should line up better without it.
You are correct works as intended without that bolt. Thanks again for the reply and Happy New Year.

Auto Transport Service
Back