• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Okay pretend you get to get a Hemi car, which one?

The latest ...
1703993457332.jpeg

View attachment 1582233

That cardboard looks familiar.

70 Charger RT , Hemi, 4spd, super track pack, EK2, charcoal buckets, console,black top, white C stripe 15” rallye wheels, with a sunroof and a go wing.

No matter what you go to them, old Mopars leak, especially an automatic.
The only one I have left that gives the odd drip is the Bird. Finally got the automatic to stop dripping but the old 440 hasn't had the pan off of it since '90 so I get a few drips off the back of the pan and the trans bell housing. I changed the rocker cover gaskets last year and that tamed it somewhat.. The other 5 cars I can stack in any order and not fear a single drip on the car below. The hemi included.

Do I like this uncle and want to follow his wishes?
Technically a 2007 Charger has a 5.7 Hemi, or a 2003 1500 Ram.

In the spirit of this thread though, if I was going to get an actual factory hemi car, it would be a cuda. Except I don't think you can get one for a million that didn't need work.
Maybe it would buy a 67 Charger? I have a soft spot for the show room silver paint w/ the crazy green dash lights.

I didn’t get to choose but the 66 Belvedere II fell into my possession, Hemi 4 speed Dana A1 Silver black bench seat other than engine zero options. Perfect body no rust. My choice, 64 Hemi Savoy lightweight (I’m doing a clone now)

It was twenty years ago, but a uniform retailer I dealt with had one Challenger and at least eight Cudas. All HEMI cars and restored. He had a 57 or 58 Chrysler (?) with that cross-ram V8. It was restored as well.

I too would be one of those 68 Charger R/T Hemi 4-speed owners if I had the correct change. Prefer Black with Red interior. My 67 needs a pal.
123_1.jpeg

I think this would be a nice one to have. I saw the car and talked to the owner at MoparFest in New Hamburg, Ontario last summer.
1967 Coronet R/T

P8190120.JPG

P8190121.JPG

P8190122.JPG

There are several that I would like, for example, a 70 Road Runner Hemi 4 speed.
But a black with red interior 68 Hemi Charger R/T 4 speed would be sweet!

1704122404226.png

Tough call... either a 67 Belvedere II or a 70 RoadRunner. Love em both.
Upside to the 67 is that I love the bodystyle so much. Upside to the 70 is that I also love the bodystyle, wouldnt hafta adjust the valves regularly and my first car was a 70 RoadRunner. Oh, and it goes Beep Beep!
But the 67 is just SO clean of a design...

There are several that I would like, for example, a 70 Road Runner Hemi 4 speed.
But a black with red interior 68 Hemi Charger R/T 4 speed would be sweet!

View attachment 1583148
One like it WAS going to be mine in 1970. Harry bought it new from my uncles Dodge dealer. Forest green auto. Harry ordered a 70 RTSE Hemi challenger purple black interior, I told uncle I wanted the Charger, it took 10 months for Challenger to come in and I had already bought another car. They wanted $3100 for the car!!! Another guy bought the Charger and 2 years later I got the blown up short block! (Still have block) THEN around 75 the 3rd owner of Challenger offered it to me for $1400, gas crunch time and I was selling my 70-1/2 Z28 that I had bought waiting on the Charger. In 85 I was offered the Challenger for $10,000, Scary times around then. What could have been, oh well.

Here is one that was sold new at the same St. Thomas, Ontario dealership where I bought my 1969 383 SuperBee. It has remained in the St. Thomas area its whole life. My friend, Earl, bought it around 1980 and had it restored. 1970 Charger R/T SE. 426 Hemi.

P9240180.JPG

This guy already has his favorite Hemi car, and is a member here. His wife has her's, too.

P6170058.JPG

P6170057.JPG

P6170059.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back