• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Old toys you have on the shelf

patrick66

Local time
9:42 AM
Reaction score
I have a cool old cast truck and trailer my Dad got for his third birthday, in 1934. Been in the family ever since. I played with this a lot as a kid! On the back is an Allis -Chalmers WD tractor I've had since 1997.

IMG_20221222_182205983.jpg

IMG_20221222_182215489.jpg

My Heinz 57 truck that my Father got when he was manager of a Loblaws store in 1964. My Brother has the ketchup truck.
heinztruck 001.jpg

Dad loved pedal cars. This one was his that he left behind. 30 years ago or so he painted one up beautifully for my little sister as a kid. Put a battery powered siren on it too.

I’m contemplating if I’ll do anything to this one or leave as is. Might put ladders on the sides and replace the missing bell.

BF29D0F6-0507-4289-91EC-CC4DC0A756E2.jpeg

I "had" an orange hot wheels 70 RR sitting on the shelf until last week. My grandson was over "say no more" Well one more thing, this Dodge got raped by a deere in about 10 mins.
20221222_200506[1].jpg
they don't make em like they use to!

A Strombecker 1/32 slot car track I got in 1967 For Christmas, it has 55’ of track. Original transformer, hand controls, most accessories. It originally had a Cheetah and a Dino Ferrari.

I had the chance to go up into my Mom's attic a couple months ago. I found and retrieved my old Buddy L Flat Tire Wrecker that I played with as a kid. I got it in probably 1963 or so. It always reminded me of the 58/59 Ford trucks that were still plentiful on the roads back then. My wrecker had the top bent over, with the plastic windows smashed, the bubble gone, and the front grille guard missing. I looked online and found that there are people that actually reproduce parts for these toys, so placed an order for what was needed, and did a "driver quality" restoration. Decided to keep the original "patina" instead of completely restoring it.

Buddy L 1.jpg
Buddy L 2.jpg

They're not on the shelf but in a box at the moment. I should have it up around the tree, maybe next year! There's lots more than what's pictured here. I also have Matchbox, Hot Wheels, and slot cars boxed up too.
2603.JPG

3283.jpg

3284.jpg

Old Made in Japan metal Jeep and cannon mid 50's. The large cannon is Made in USA would shoot 4" rubber tipped plastic shells 25'. Would hit ceiling if you angled to high.

IMG_2179.JPG

IMG_2180(1).JPG

IMG_2181.JPG

IMG_2179.JPG

I have a 1957 Lionel train (in a box) that my uncle gave me years ago. I put it together a few years ago and made a video.

My Grandma gave me this when she was in her late 80's. It was about 1980 or so. She said it was from the 1950's, so about 70 years old now. The date sounds about right since it looks like it is made from Bakelite.

I display it all year around but it is most important to me at Christmas!

IMG_4292.JPG

Dad gave me this Structo dump truck for my birthday in 1957. I moved up to bigger stuff 20 years later.

View attachment 1391238View attachment 1391239
I had a Buddy L dump truck that I literally ran the wheels off, then stole wheels from something else and ran those off also. So we had graders, cranes and others with no wheels and axles, but my truck was always running. As like you I moved to the real ones. Still doing the same thing I was when I was 6+ years old, running the wheels off of trucks.
IMG_20200312_180108.jpg
PXL_20201224_183417400.jpg

Had a few things that would be cool to still have including a semi rig. Problem was we moved so often that lots of stuff didn't make the trip. Massachusetts to Texas when I was around 8 then back to Masshole in less than 6 months later then back to Texas at 12.....dad even used our coin collection that we always did together to pay some bills. The few that survived, a Hubley Model A collection that I gave to a good friend of mine a few years ago Oh well. Merry Christmas!

Thanks to my mom I got a few left
My penny bank and an early 70’s helmet on it

image.jpg

I had a Buddy L dump truck that I literally ran the wheels off, then stole wheels from something else and ran those off also. So we had graders, cranes and others with no wheels and axles, but my truck was always running. As like you I moved to the real ones. Still doing the same thing I was when I was 6+ years old, running the wheels off of trucks.View attachment 1391375View attachment 1391376
You learned about rebuilding early on. With those covered wagons, I'm sure we crossed paths when I was was hauling furnace dust out of the steel mills with my bulk tanker. Just retired in September. Did a lot of work out in and out of Coatesville, when the mill was owned by Arcelor-Mittal.

Auto Transport Service
Back