• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

One brake doesn't light

What became of this? I aske because I replaced my turn signal switch with a Daniel Stern replacement and EVERYTHING worked great until just recently my driver side 3 brake lights dont work unless I manipulate the damn turn signal switch....AGAIN.....I hate to think the costly supposedly good (daniel stearn) turn signal switch went out in less than a few months.

he won't warranty it?

he won't warranty it?

I wish I knew. I have been emailing him over and over, not wanting to be an *** if he is having a family issue or something. Email was the only way to get response when ordering the part to begin with.

I wish I knew. I have been emailing him over and over, not wanting to be an *** if he is having a family issue or something. Email was the only way to get response when ordering the part to begin with.

Well his ears must have been burning!

I have to say he is a stand up guy though. He JUST emailed me maybe 10 minutes ago. Said he will send a replacement out right away and that mine is the FIRST failure he has heard of.

I told him Ill send my old one back, but I have replaced it with a known good from my buddies 67 and the issue goes away. Of course, my buddy wants his back once his car is out of paint so it all works out.

Gotta love mopar dudes.

First thing to do is, check all your grounds.

my brother had same issue on his 66 charger, we installed new grounds at lights on both sides and replaced the power wire that runs behind the filler neck in trunk that has a female connector on both sides. and now his brakes are nice and bright .

Well, I forgot to follow through and give an update on the repair.
I replaced the entire wire harness from bumper to bumper, but, there is a 6 inch jumper wire that connects the steering column harness to the main wire harness ( my car loaded with options like A/C, etc).
I took the jumper wire harness apart and cleaned all the connector pins and reassembled the wire harness connected and plugged the connectors back together.
Now I have lights.
Final solution: Had to replace the turn signal harness and clean the only original wire harness connector left on the car very thoroughly.

Thanks to everyone that helped!

Checked and replaced all the 1157 bulbs with new ones.
Need some suggestions here on testing and other things to look for.
Thanks
FYI, the stock bulbs are not 1157s. 1157s draw more current.

the "stock correct" bulb is a 1034....but the 1157's fit and work just fine, plus those are easier to find and at any corner parts store

Auto Transport Service
Back