• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Opinions on white rump stripes and white hood?

68-500

Local time
4:42 AM
Reaction score
I’m been tossing around the idea for some time now. I like something a little different than the norm. I think it might look sharp on my yellow coronet 500. Similar to this just white in place of black. Oh and body colored wheels and poverty caps. And I know how people feel about poverty caps do leave that alone.

B5EA3D17-0795-4C88-AD58-B11C502C0757.png

Not for me... but it's your car. Just don't buy that f'd up Bee stripe from Pheonix as shown in the above sales advert.

Yellow and white together just washout IMO. Not my car though.

A Superbird that was sold new at Lansdale Chrysler-Plymouth was Corporate Blue with the black vinyl top and black headlight masks when new. When restored about ten years ago the owner did both in white. I thought it looked like ****. :D

Just my opinion, but I think a white hood on one of these old cars would look goofy.

White tail stripe on a yellow car? Okay, especially if it has a white vinyl top. (prefer black, but it's your car)
White hood on a yellow car. Noooooooooo!
(My opinion only).

I have a 69 Charger R/T, Y2 yellow that has a white interior and black vinyl top. Someone had changed the original White tail stripe to black before I purchased the car. Well, I could not live without attempting to at least try the white stripe out and see what I thought. Bottom line, I love it! Many others do as well, many compliments especially when they know it was born with it!

Do yourself a favour and if you're stuck on white accents at least do the hood in a wrap so you can pull it off if it disappoints you.

I understand you guys against the white hood, it’s just something on been on my mind. I should have been clearer up front. When I paint this car I’m not looking for show car, it will be a single stage looking for a survivor look. So if the white hood looks dumb out comes black or yellow.

If I saw a white hood on a yellow car, I would assume an unpainted get coat glass hood, owned by someone too lazy to paint it.

Don't do the hood white,black or body color would work! Don't do the poverty caps either, it's so overdone these days. A nice set of torque thrust wheels would look sweet!

Don't do the hood white,black or body color would work! Don't do the poverty caps either, it's so overdone these days. A nice set of torque thrust wheels would look sweet!
Yeah, because Torque Thrusts haven't been done 10,000 times (says a guy who is going to run poverty caps).

Gotta admit, I love me some torque thrusts, (prefer gray, but polished is okay too)but Fesser is right. Went to a small local car show a couple days ago, and every other street rod, chevelle and mustang had a set of polished tt's on it.
Did see one set of daisies, but they were the two piece chromed version (yuck). Liking my original one piece daisies more and more....

TT have been done 10,000 times for a reason. Back in the day guys spent money to IMPROVE the look of their dog dish cars. I don't hate Dog Dish, it's just they don't have to be on everything.

TT have been done 10,000 times for a reason. Back in the day guys spent money to IMPROVE the look of their dog dish cars. I don't hate Dog Dish, it's just they don't have to be on everything.
I agree, cop cars and valiants.

Auto Transport Service
Back