• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Orange ECU from Mancini?

Screenshot_20230316_134022_Chrome.jpg

This looks like a Chinese knock off

Gallery: Mancini Racing Reintroduces the Orange Box - Mopar Connection Magazine | A comprehensive daily resource for Mopar enthusiast news, features and the latest Mopar tech

No heat sink - Fake transistor cover

Nothing like the original

Even the original ones , Made In The U.S.A. , you still had to watch the year they where manufactured for any durability

I will bee interested on how they test out

Let us know
Yes as above watch out for the stickers replaces and Authorised also. Seems still HIGH has a high fail rate. Fake transistir is the big clue it is a modern one in the potting now with no heat sink. Ones that seem to have a good record are the FBO ones. No idea what is inside the new ones, have a older one from them you can take apart has a GM 4 pin in it.

Last edited:
A lot depends on;
1. The circuit design
2. The components selected ....internal to the ECU
3. Is the external switching transistor fake or real...
4. Is the ECU being operated within design parameters (voltage, current and temperature).....ie with the recommended coil and ballast resistor...not with what you or your buddy thinks will work.....
5. Appearance is not everything and according to "Dirty Harry"..."a person has got to know his limitations"....
BOB RENTON
Yes matched ballast and coil is a must. Just a few here. Lots of people bitch about the chrome RACE only ECU's, well when you have a .25 ohm ballast the unit gets hot and needs to be shut off between runs. Now say you run it with a .8 ohm ballast it will be ok on the street but limited RPM's.

ecu chart 2.png

ecu III.png

ECUApplication.jpg

I bought one. Put it in my running 71 340 challenger and it wouldn't start with the box in it. Please please come back out with a usa made rev-a-nator

I bought one. Put it in my running 71 340 challenger and it wouldn't start with the box in it. Please please come back out with a usa made rev-a-nator
How long ago was this?

Being made in China stinks BUT that doesn’t mean it’s garbage.
If the company/persons/etc…. Are having the part made, no matter where it’s made, there are certain specs they put forth and they should be met and checked by the person making them and having them made. If it is sub par, then someone cut corners and that person should be liable, but seldom not.

If MP made certain specs and there met or exceeded, the product will be good.

Being made in China stinks BUT that doesn’t mean it’s garbage.
If the company/persons/etc…. Are having the part made, no matter where it’s made, there are certain specs they put forth and they should be met and checked by the person making them and having them made. If it is sub par, then someone cut corners and that person should be liable, but seldom not.

If MP made certain specs and there met or exceeded, the product will be good.
Possibly, do you have or know what the specs of the ECU are?? Or a iist of the individual components to be able to determine what is being supplied. Perhaps we then could do a cost analysis for the ECU's fabrication.....
BOB RENTON

Hard to find much of anything electronic that's not made in China. Cell phones, big screen TV's, computers, tools now seems to be the trend. I own all of the above and they all seem to work every time. If they are quality items, well made and priced right, that what matters to most folks. Think we all wish stuff was made here, but that train left the station long ago..

You guys are about to make me go buy a HiRev 7500. Any thoughts on those?

Possibly, do you have or know what the specs of the ECU are?? Or a iist of the individual components to be able to determine what is being supplied. Perhaps we then could do a cost analysis for the ECU's fabrication.....
BOB RENTON
I don’t understand the comment but as of recent interactions with me, this is just another prime example of you trying to be a dick.
Congratulations - Your a Dick.
Now go play with yourself in the corner away from normal people.

Last edited:
Has anyone tried the new orange ECU from Mancini? They went back to the original manufacturer for what ever that is worth to produce them again.
I have one and it is working well. I don’t have a lot of hours on it as of yet. If it tanks, I’ll post up about it here.

I don’t understand the comment but as of recent interactions with me, this is just another prime example of you trying to be a dick.
Congratulations - Your a Dick.
Now go play with yourself in the corner away from normal people.
It must be difficult to go thru life with such a narrow view of anything/everything .....i was inquiring as to your knowledge of the ECU'S circuitry and perhaps had some insight as to which component was failing.....but apparently you do not. If you cannot or don't understand what l asked, perhaps you should re-evaluate your own definition of normalcy or the English language. BTW....you can call me anything you wish....it matters not to me.
BOB RENTON

It must be difficult to go thru life with such a narrow view of anything/everything .....i was inquiring as to your knowledge of the ECU'S circuitry and perhaps had some insight as to which component was failing.....but apparently you do not. If you cannot or don't understand what l asked, perhaps you should re-evaluate your own definition of normalcy or the English language. BTW....you can call me anything you wish....it matters not to me.
BOB RENTON
Proving yourself a Dick again, good job.
Go back into your corner and play with yourself again.
If it didn’t matter you would not have replied.
It must be difficult for you as well with me living in your head rent free, full of hate that you just have to make dick headed comments. If you were truly wondering, you would have formed a much better way of asking. Busted! Liar.

You guys are about to make me go buy a HiRev 7500. Any thoughts on those?
So many threads on this very subject

I am still trying to figure out how Rick E and Jegs claim these are Made In The USA

I ripped two apart that have failed in the past few years thru friends and they where clearly stamped or dimpled C H I N A within the metal case

Look at it closely , then look at the Orange one from Mancini on this thread

In reality , how many different manufacturers in China are stamping these out , and boxed in the USA if that’s the case

Really ,
other then paint color

On his EBay add

Made by an original Mopar / Chrysler vendor, but with latest all-silicon "computer chip" technology.

Sound familiar

Last edited:
I wonder if the new FBO boxes are still made like this? Have not had a bad one yet to take apart.

DSC01611.JPG

DSC01612.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back