• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Our Stuff, Their Junk

Enjoy your money with your wife, make love to her, travel a lot, drink good wines, eat nice food, leave your good stuff to someone that's gonna treasure it like you do, and leave your son's belongings to his friends, they will remembered him with love until they die, the rest, help people that really deserve to be helped and also a pet shelter if you want, remember YOU'LL BE DEAD by the time your family is in possession of your material stuff, you are also a good man and you have the right to enjoy the rest of your life, stuff come and go like money, let me tell you the story of my grandpa, he work hard really hard all of his sad life he made good business and made a LOT of money ( good for him) he got robbed and shot 3 times in his 30's his wife ( my grandma bitch) leave him and divorce him,he raise alone her only daughter ( my mom, an angel ) he never enjoy his money, never travel to another country or eat fancy food or good wines, he's now a bitter old man, my mom take care of him but he never take her to a restaurant or anything, he's always trying to make more money, for what if he never enjoy it, he's a hoarder and his 3 floor house is full of junk that no body wants, only him, at least my mom got her elder years economically secure, and the rest is for us his three grand sons but I don't expect anything from him, I pay my mortgage, and my bills by myself, so PLEASE don't worry so much about your stuff enjoy your life, tell of your relatives how much you love them and have a good live.
TU AMIGO LEÓN.

You guys are all right on, we have 2sons & a daughter that’ll do the right thing. They’ll keep watch on their mom to make sure everything goes right & I trust them all. All are car & gun lovers so they won’t get screwed over. Good luck to us all I guess.

leave your good stuff to someone that's gonna treasure it like you do
That is why I'm thinking about leaving the Roadrunner to someone. My wife has her 1965 421 Tripower GTO, so the Roadrunner itself holds no interest to her.
My speakers and audio gear, well she appreciates it, but I'd like it to go to someone who really appreciates it after she passes if I go before her.

Nice topic...Timely and it applies to many people here.
I know that the average age of B body owners is probably well over 50. There are a few younger ones but I'm confident that most are over 55. The topic of what to do with all this stuff is a valid one and it makes sense to bring it up.
If a man is approaching 60 and his health is good, it is conceivable to think you may have another 15 years or more before having to concern yourself with what to do with the car and the parts...IF you still like the hobby and can afford it.
For the younger guys looking to buy a classic, I used to think that these cars were getting harder to restore and maintain but each year, there are more new parts being made. You aren't going to find them at Auto Zone but a quick search online should direct you to several options. There are stashes of cars and parts out there still being discovered each day.
In 2013 I hauled 3 truck and trailer loads back here from a guy that was stockpiling stuff for a project that went nowhere. He was 66 at the time and he decided that he would never finish the car. I got a 65 Valiant convertible, a 65 Barracuda, a 75 Power Wagon, 5 engines, all sorts of 71 Road Runner and 65 Valiant parts for $5000. All of this stuff was stored in a small tract house lot 1100 sq ft house with a 2 car garage. The parts are still out there.
Me? I don't have any unusual collections of anything, just the cars and parts. I'm a lifer though...I'll keep what I need to restore the project cars and maintain my keeper cars. I have no kids but one nephew is looking to be a gearhead, time will tell.

In some other words Kern, this site is full of old farts :bananaweed::lol:

I must be in pretty good shape, I went for my yearly physical Monday and he said see you next year and I made the appointment................ LOL
TU AMIGO Ulli.

I got room for more free junk. Just pm me.:poke:

My dad died 11 years ago & my mom 6 years ago. My dad had gotten rid of his things of value (sold his NH cottage & boats years earlier), so there wasn't really anything left of his that was of any value. My mom had cleaned out his clothes and stuff by herself. When my mom died, besides being sad, it was very strange going to her house. The house looked like mom had just stepped out to the store, but we all knew that mom would never come back. That was a very sad and eerie time. Anyway, when it came time to clean out the house and put it on the market, all her clothes went into the Goodwill box & all of the furniture was donated to charity & all that was left in the house was a couple pieces of jewelry, some small momentous and a bunch of pictures, which my brother, sister & I divvied up. It got me to thinking how sad it is to think that the end of one's life comes down to most all of one's worldly possessions being donated to charity and Goodwill and what no one else wants ends up in a dumpster. All these pictures we have from my parents Of them and when I was young) won't mean anything to my kids & most of our stuff too will end up in the dumpster.

I'm having fun with my toys now, but as Kern Dog said, once you hit 60 you've only got 15 years or so of good living left & I'll just sell off my stuff at that time (or before) so as not to burden my kids with that chore & just give them the money.

You don't realize it when you are young, but we're all here for a short time & we've all got to make the best of it.

Last edited:
My plan is if I make it to 70 everything is going to be sold off/given away.I have 2 daughters and a grand daughter.They along with my wife I hope to not burden with a clean up task.That's my goal and God willing,I'll stick to it.

I helped my wife’s family clear out their parents’ home last year after the father died (mother passed away the year prior). I saw too many valuables tossed into a dumpster just because no one wanted to deal with it. Not even placing the good things on the curb so someone else would take it. Even an electric scooter was dumped. One Sister-in-Law even wanted to trash his guns! The father told me he wanted me to get all of his guns (just two rifles and a pistol), but then the wife’s little sister said he told her the same thing (most likely a bold face lie as she never even shot a gun before). She said that her dad told her he wanted his guns to go to her son, who also never shot a gun before. My wife snagged the guns (I wasn’t with her when they discovered them) and brought them home. I told the sister-in-law that i’ll give her the guns after she and her son complete weapons safety training (and that I would even give that to them too). Now a year later and not a peep about the guns or training.

We have no kids ourselves and the only nieces and nephews that appear to be responsible don’t need anything from us when we die. We’ll likely set up trusts for the other ones and donate $ to an international children’s fund. My cars will go to close friends.

We have no kids ourselves and the only nieces and nephews that appear to be responsible don’t need anything from us when we die.

If you need someone to leave all your stuff to, since I am now an orphan, I can easily be adopted.

:thumbsup:

If a man is approaching 60 and his health is good, it is conceivable to think you may have another 15 years or more before having to concern yourself with what to do with the car and the parts...IF you still like the hobby and can afford it.

I agree with this and would add... If you love what you're doing, keep doing it! Don't let age stop you unless your health absolutely keeps you from doing it.

My boss just turned 70 and built a new 60 x 80 shop with lifts and everything in it you would ever need. Him and his son are deep into autocross racing. They even go to the nationals each year and both place well. I think he enjoys building the cars as much as the racing itself which is pretty much how most of us are. He's constantly building a new car.

Also, as we age, our interests change even if one is in good health, that person may simply want to get into other things. Nothing wrong with that.

The point is... enjoy life, whatever it is!

For anybody with unappreciative kids or no kids - I am available for adoption. Lol

Luckily, I don't have to think about this stuff for myself for quite a few more years. When my grandparents died, I took lots of stuff that others considered junk. I don't have much of a relationship with my mom. (I'll just say she's a piece of work).

I was raised to be appreciative of people and thankful for any and all help received. My son was raised with similar values. Whatever junk I have laying around, I'm sure he'll be happy to go thru it when my time comes. He hopes to get an old car one day. The good news is that he's a Mopar kid.

My dad will be 69 this year. Only a few in our lineage has gone past 75. He doesn't have much money, but lots of stuff. He's already told me his coin collection (valued about 50k) gets split between the grandkids, then get a dumpster for everything else. His words, not mine. My sister is only out for the money. I was helping my dad with setting up his will and finances. He wanted life insurance policy. I told him he didn't need a big policy, just enough to pay his final expenses. My sister got frustrated that he took out such a minimal policy. Her and I get virtually nothing from him financially.

As I get older, I have thought about this and it causes me great consternation to think about what may happen to all my tools, equipment, guns and car when I'm gone, but the thing that eases my anxiety is knowing that I won't give a **** when that time comes.

My plan is if I make it to 70 everything is going to be sold off/given away.I have 2 daughters and a grand daughter.They along with my wife I hope to not burden with a clean up task.That's my goal and God willing,I'll stick to it.
Wait a minute, 70 is months away for me. I might pitch some incidentals; but still able to drive & shoot and I aint stopping either of those!

Auto Transport Service
Back