• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Painless harness...

trainwreck

Local time
6:00 PM
Reaction score
Decided to forgo the pricey Year one repro harness and go with a Painless harness. Part reason using auto meter gauges. Painless.....not exactly. Painful? No but very time consuming! 100 hrs + and it still aint done.
Painless universal harness and like everybody says no instructions for mopar specific sections ie wipers, light switch etc so I'll post photos of what went where and at least so far works...on My 70., and credit to Painless Tech for assistance.
PP-wire6.jpg

Credit to the guy ( I dunno who he was) who modified his cluster back with clever cutting and aluminum sheet backing. I went with his idea to do the same on my low tech piece. Since the lettering on the wiring is microscopic I used green tape with big numbers to make it a ez read.
PP-wire4.jpg

I'm using a custom wire kit on my build mainly to clean up the engine compartment of that ugly bulkhead connector. I'm seriously leaning towards using the stock dash harness and spicing that into the aftermarket fuse box so save all the hassles and potential for errors if I make a custom harness. An incorrect splice can have some serious consequences !!

Auto Transport Service
Back