• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paint problems in the engine bay

There's been no brake fluid from the master cylinder leaking on there has it?

did you rough up the primer? how long did it sit primed?
Sure I did rough up the surface. The rest of the inner fender is not doing it. So will just have to figure a way to paint it again with the car all together. LOL. Thanks for the thought.

There's been no brake fluid from the master cylinder leaking on there has it?
No sir. I am using dot 5 in my system due to the old dot 3 is really bad on thing's. Some thing I did wrong for sure. If this is the only thing that is bubbling up must have missed something. Thanks and will fix it when I have time. Appreciate all the comment's. It is just another thing to over come in the custom car world I guess. I am retired so have time to work on it. :thumbsup:

Sure I did rough up the surface. The rest of the inner fender is not doing it. So will just have to figure a way to paint it again with the car all together. LOL. Thanks for the thought.

this is after a brake fluid mishap upon assembly, just mask the **** out of everything and gitterdone

get in there with an air brush if necessary

A%2F%2Fi114.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fn248%2Feldubb440%2Fhawk%2FIMG_20160709_024228_zpsi8km3oug.jpg

A%2F%2Fi114.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fn248%2Feldubb440%2Fhawk%2FIMG_20160709_215128_zpsqlpbfskt.jpg

Last edited:
I painted my Engine compartment, interior, and underside of car with DuPont IMRON 5.0,
so I could pour aircraft paint stripper on it and it will laugh at me! Can't get it anymore,
but sure is bulletproof.

Yes I do. This is the only place I have seen this. Like I said been driving it and showed it yesterday. But did not notice it. The paint was in tact as far as I could see. It might have been bubbled yesterday and did not notice it. Darn just my luck. Just wondering if their is a heat shield that is suppose to be on the manifold or some thing. I have the regular man's on the car.
You have it brother now is just fun.

this is after a brake fluid mishap upon assembly, just mask the **** out of everything and gitterdone

get in there with an air brush if necessary

View attachment 1184480

View attachment 1184481
Was not for bad luck would not have any luck at all. Hey that was a grate job. Did you do that with an air brush. I have that also and a touch up gun. Thanks for the info. Blue.

Was not for bad luck would not have any luck at all. Hey that was a grate job. Did you do that with an air brush. I have that also and a touch up gun. Thanks for the info. Blue.

actually, I was able to do it with a standard gravity gun.....I narrowed the the fan and lowered the pressure, covering the primer with base was pretty easy...... be careful with the clear, take your time, you can always add more; you don't want to make a mess ....... I mentioned air brush because sometimes a gun is just too big

Yes clear want's to run worst than the base coat. Going to give it a try. Just going to drive it for now and see what else want's to lift in that area. Appreciate the pointer. Blue.

Auto Transport Service
Back