• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paul's Chrome plating in Evans, PA

iraqivet01

Local time
7:44 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone had any work done by this company?
Just sent some pieces to them for a price quote.
They are surpose to be really good at redoing diecast metal.

I assume you are referring to Paul's in Evans City, PA just outside of Pittsburgh? If so, my Dad has used them for years for chrome plating, most recently the front grille and both bumpers on his 1950 Willys Jeepster. Theres a lot of chrome on that front grille and they did a fantastic job, but I know it wasnt exactly cheap, but at least you know youd be getting quality.

I personally havent used them, my bumpers are staying orange!

I'v used them for plenty of things over the years. and they do great work, and stand behind there workmanship.

There is a company in Utah that was being recommended, can't recall the name, but if you do a search you'll find it. They offer free shipping both ways, even for just a quote. The quality of the work looked top notch and they were very reasonable cost wise.

I've seen a lot of Pauls work, you get what you pay for.

I can tell you first hand who not to use Frankford Plating in Philadelphia, Poor service, lied to me about my parts being completed when they were not and I wasn't happy in the end. He told me 2-3 weeks.................I got my parts back in 12 weeks. I should have used Pauls, I tried saving some money, I won't make that mistake twice

Do not use these guys!!

Hopefully I'll save somebody some trouble

I used Superior Chrome out of Houston to rechrome all my pot metal. They chromed over dirt, the original foil decal in my hood ornament, and remnants of body seal on the mounting studs. I had little 'balls' of chrome around edges of hood lettering and on the mount studs to the point I could not even get the nuts back on! When I complained they said I was being too critical! I sent everything back for rework. 8 weeks later(!) I get back essentially pieces in the same condition with the 'balls' ground off the studs. Gee, thanks. I could have done that.

Unfortunately I had no references at the time of a good chrome shop. If you do know someone that has used a chrome shop, and agree that their results are good, I suggest using them. There is nothing worse than paying good money and not being satisfied with the results.

I'v used them for plenty of things over the years. and they do great work, and stand behind there workmanship.

Thanks.
believe it or not, I got given their card by another chrome shop here in OKC. They don't do pot metal or diecast.

chrome

Paul's is top notch quality at extremely top end pricing.

Any shop you decide to use I would recommend sending a test part to determine the service, quality and cost. Spend a little....save a lot.

Ogden chrome

Here is a link to Ogden chrome in Utah.
I have not used them myself but have heard good things about them. Free shipping too...!!!

http://www.ogdenchrome.com/

They do good work, how every very expensive. We have an autobody/restoration business in Windber, PA....We always use M&P Plating in Jeannette, PA. Most recently, we had them do all the chroming on the 1968 RR we are doing. They did a FLAWLESS job on every piece and they were $1,000 less than Pauls quoted us. You should check into them!

The place in Utah is Ogden Chrome,they do offerr free shipping.Have not used them but they a good reputation.

I've used Ogden Chrome and only live about 5 minutes from them. I haven't used them for potmetal but have seen before and after pics of thier potmetal work and it looks great. As far as price goes for potmetal I couldn't tell you but I know Charlie told me its more expensive than just getting a bumper rechromed. Also they give a military discount

Auto Transport Service
Back