• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PayPal Fraud Attempt?

Dennis H

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:46 PM
Reaction score
Looks like it to me. No knowledge of this transaction. Plan to ignore this. Advice?

494F9BD5-A9D3-4D8C-8BCC-8BD1B8325C9E.jpeg

This is the new scam claiming they've charged your account and they ask for your number to confirm.

Get rid of paypal before they charge you $2500 for breaking their woke rules.

I thought Sarah Carter was a catalogue or something. Will ignore. Thanks.

Had it happen to me. They want you to call the number they provided. Then they want you to go to a website so they can remove the charge. They actually install a program to take over your computer and then the hit the "accept charges " button. Total scammers. The guy barely spoke English. Some camel jockey!

Notice the last name “carter” is lower case. That’s a flag too. Misspelled words are often another indicator. You can also tap on the origin email and verify the sender. This is most often a dead giveaway.

Had it happen to me. They want you to call the number they provided. Then they want you to go to a website so they can remove the charge. They actually install a program to take over your computer and then the hit the "accept charges " button. Total scammers. The guy barely spoke English. Some camel jockey!
Never call suspicious numbers.

Watch out for this one too. I called the # from my desk phone so they wouldn’t have my cell #. The non English speaker told me to delete google in the top left of my computer and type in PKhelp.us and hit enter. Yeah right. I kept this jerk on the line for 15 minutes until he finally hung up lol

7F1F2ACB-E822-412A-86FF-B2A55D93B7F2.png

47763453-65AC-45C9-9E7C-51B3F78E40D4.png

Last edited:
You should always login to your PP account if you question it. I believe the message log is in there plus you can see the transaction if something actually did happen. Had one the other week that looked really good. Logged in, nothing there… delete.

i QUIT pay pal 3 years ago!!! only accept postal service money orders and if it goes thru the next time i will accept a personal check

Auto Transport Service
Back