• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PayPal question for you guys who sell stuff and use them

On the exhaust side.
Yes sir. I reckon they're just sitting on my shelf, have been for some years now.
I inherited them from some old 440 I got ahold of; I don't think they belonged on the thing
originally.
Probably cost more to ship them than they're worth.

If you pay F&F and do not have a balance or a checking account linked, you pay a fee if using a credit card as the ‘buyer’ or person sending funds. Depending on the form of payment you may see a fee.

In my opinion, if your going to sell something and take PayPal then the fee for the seller is part of the cost of doing business. I hate nothing more than ‘paying up’ for parts only to be hit with “send it F&F” after the deal is done. Then I have to add 3% to my end and pay for goods.

Somebody, don't know if here or on FCBO was lookin for a set of heads to bump his compression. This was in the past couple weeks! Good Luck
Best I remember it was on here.

I can't explain it Bill, but like I said earlier, it just showed up on my credit report about 2 months ago. I, like you have had my PayPal account for what seems like forever. Try contacting Synchrony Bank.

https://www.synchrony.com/contact-us.html
I stand corrected. I checked my credit score over the weekend and yes it is there, PPC. I never recognized it as I have another couple of accounts the utilize that same banking institution. But I am in good shape with Pay Pal otherwise and like the F&F feature...cr8crshr/Bill:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::usflag::usflag::usflag:

Last edited:
How many threads have we had where a buyer got screwed and on post 5 we learn that he payed via paypal, post 6 says "simply" dispute the transaction, and by post 9 we learn the seller talked him into using F&F?

How many threads have we had where a buyer got screwed and on post 5 we learn that he payed via paypal, post 6 says "simply" dispute the transaction, and by post 9 we learn the seller talked him into using F&F?
Not sure where you are going with that statement. My way of doing business and selling is to always leave the monies in the Pay Pal account until the buyer has had a chance to inspect and accept the item. If there is ever a problem, I automatically refund their money, less the shipping of course, tell them to keep the part and I just move on. So far every transaction I have ever had using the F&F feature has gone perfectly and the buyer has been very satisfied....cr8crshr/Bill:usflag::usflag::usflag:

No seller gets funds sent F&F by myself nor would I even think of asking for F&F as payment if I was a seller.
To insist on F&F as payment strikes me as having gaul.
Its a poor business practice and I've bought items from members here who may have wanted or expected a F&F payment. I simply told them no, and I am completely willing to make up the difference.
One seller here when I offered to add the BB fees he just told me no need, its all figured in. That member has a solid understanding of what a proper transaction should be.
I bought one part in access of 500 dollars if I recall correctly and I was asked to send funds via F&F. I refused in spite of correspondence that prior sales went that way with no problems encountered. While seller was a noted member here again its a poor business practice. I simply said add the funds in and I will gladly pay them.
Now while I have no problem with seller or shipper, the part which is somewhat delicate arrived poorly packaged, thankfully it was not damaged but the question is what if it was.
Money is the root to all evil and money matters and disputes is were the problems start.
All I know is business to business offers me some sort of security that family and friends does not.
These other pro or defending posts about how upfront or honest or a members personal business practice when selling items and PayPal while they may be nice and may in fact be true and are all happiness and smiles until a problem arrises and then the horns come out.
Member YY1 correctly posts what we have read in the past.
My rating as a buyer and the people I bought from on this forum could attest to are beyond reproach as thats the way I do business.
Pay the fee for B to B and stop nickel and dimming and save yourself some grief if things go south

people don't realize you drop your shorts and expose your ***
to get ripped off when you do that..

If you are a member with hundreds or thousands of posts and a frequent contributor especially with other transactions, I'll F&F you for a part.

If you have less than a couple hundred posts and I don't really recognize you, and/or all your posts are items for sale.....

No F'n way.

As usual, one here has to take the supposed moral high ground on all this. Would he even want a fee if he was selling at say a swap meet on a cash deal? B to B is vastly different then between Friends with whom one does the selling of parts with. I like to think all my fellow FBBO members are in deed my Friends and I will continue to treat them so when dealing with selling my parts...cr8crshr/Bill:usflag::usflag::usflag:

No high moral ground at all and for the "as usual" part I see again and again a justification for ones personal agenda and to hell with everyone else.
Again with the personal attack, "would he even want a fee if he was selling at a swap meet" :blah:. Stupid comment so I will leave it at that.
Many of my fellow members I bought parts from were mostly decent honest people, however in limited mentalities ^^^^^ thats not the point.
Some members ^^^^ seem to like to wallow in there own mind about how many friends here they have and justify a bad business practice as such.
I can only say that anyone ive done business with here has never had anything less then a excellent transaction with me and I didn't beat them over a few dollars

Everybody's a expert, yet everybody's a ignoramus!

No high moral ground at all and for the "as usual" part I see again and again a justification for ones personal agenda and to hell with everyone else.
Again with the personal attack, "would he even want a fee if he was selling at a swap meet" :blah:. Stupid comment so I will leave it at that.
Many of my fellow members I bought parts from were mostly decent honest people, however in limited mentalities ^^^^^ thats not the point.
Some members ^^^^ seem to like to wallow in there own mind about how many friends here they have and justify a bad business practice as such.
I can only say that anyone ive done business with here has never had anything less then a excellent transaction with me and I didn't beat them over a few dollars
OK BOOMER...

F&F is the same as CASH so if it is someone you would send or give cash no recourse then use it

Auto Transport Service
Back