• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PCP Air rifle

Scott Engelhardt

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:03 AM
Reaction score
Anyone here shoot a PCP air rifle? I love shoot and I am thinking about picking one up.
I really like the looks and the performance of the Benjamin Bullpup. Thinking .22 for shooting coon next fall, but mostly general plinking.

I have never shot a PCP, but I have a .22 Caliber Gamo Swarm. I bought it for the groundhogs that invaded my barn. Awesome air gun!!

Gamo.jpg

I got a Gamo Rocket Whisper in .177, looks like Irons for X-mas. Spring powered. I haven't really had a chance to shoot it yet. I've been stock piling pellets as I can't find ammo. LOL

I got a Ruger Impact 22.
Love it, it has a real wood stock and a built in supressor. It breaks open to load it and charges while you break open the barrel, no co2. It's dead accurate and has killed many squirrels. It comes with a scope, but you have to take it off and use iron sights (irons are on the barrel) because it can't be zeroed because it mounts on the receiver and not the barrel, and the barrel opens for loading and charging and moves slightly.
upload_2021-2-6_19-25-42.png

upload_2021-2-6_19-24-8.png

Now discontinued (because the scope problem) but it's been a VERY good squirrel gun and I'd recommend it if you can still find one. I got mine at Walmart for $125 new on sale.

I have a few break open rifles and I do like to shoot them. I want a PCP for the repeater function

Always wanted one, but they're a bit pricey. Pretty impressive though, I watched a guy at the range shoot a 50 cal. PCP rifle right next to me. They seem to be the ultimate poachers weapon. Deadly quiet.

I am going to purchase a Benjaman marader 25 cal. as soon as summer gets here. have not made my mind up whether to go with a tank or buy one of the little compressers. any way it goes I"m looking at about a grand when it's all said and done. pw Dave

My buddy has that Benjamin Marader with a compressor and he likes it. I think I will buy a compressor when I decide to buy.

Auto Transport Service
Back