• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PCV Questions

ksurfer2

Local time
4:18 AM
Reaction score
Motor is a 512 with a cross ram and dual eddy 1407's. Currently, there are breather caps on both valve covers. I want to add a pcv valve to help with some of the oil that is blowing out of the breathers. I purchased a PCV Valve from summit and have a couple of questions. First, Edelbrock recommends hooking the PCV valve to the center port on the front of the carb. With Dual eddy's does it matter that the pcv line is only hooked to to one of the carbs or do I need to plumb it to both (using a T fitting). Second, both carbs have this port plugged with some sort of a plug that has no slot for a screw driver or Allen wrench. How would the plug be removed? Does the carb need to be pulled and the plug removed from underneath???

Motor is a 512 with a cross ram and dual eddy 1407's. Currently, there are breather caps on both valve covers. I want to add a pcv valve to help with some of the oil that is blowing out of the breathers. I purchased a PCV Valve from summit and have a couple of questions. First, Edelbrock recommends hooking the PCV valve to the center port on the front of the carb. With Dual eddy's does it matter that the pcv line is only hooked to to one of the carbs or do I need to plumb it to both (using a T fitting). Second, both carbs have this port plugged with some sort of a plug that has no slot for a screw driver or Allen wrench. How would the plug be removed? Does the carb need to be pulled and the plug removed from underneath???

need to connect to one of the 3/8" tubes on the front side.
though - connecting to the rear carb would be much cleaner.
the plug may be a lead plug cap and removed without much issue.

I have never seen the tube removed and plugged up front (rear carb yes). now the one on the back can be plugged.

Screen Shot 2021-05-29 at 21.55.14.png

the port on the back is plugged with an pipe plug that will accept an Allen key. However, on the front the tube has been removed and the port is plugged (on both carbs). In the morning, I will get a photo.

All you is a 3/8" hose fitting with proper pipe thread.

how original carbs were made.

only rear carb had a tube for PCV. front carb was plugged both sides.

Screen Shot 2021-05-29 at 22.30.52.png Screen Shot 2021-05-29 at 22.33.35.png

The PCV valve is the OUT you will also need a filtered IN for the system.
Generally IN is in one rocker cover and OUT is in the other one.

I want to add a pcv valve to help with some of the oil that is blowing out of the breathers.
The PCV valve/system should do that and more, they have numerous benefits, like preventing or slowing/stopping oil leaks.
I was having that problem when I changed from the factory valve covers and breather system to aftermarket fabricated aluminum valve covers. I picked a new PCV valve "that fit" and soon thereafter learned there is much more that it fitting in the grommet to selecting the proper PCV valve.
I wound up buying a M/E Wagner tunable PCV valve, and I've been so happy with it that I got one for the Pontiac 421 Tripower in the GTO.

The PCV valve is the OUT you will also need a filtered IN for the system.
Generally IN is in one rocker cover and OUT is in the other one.
Yes, PCV valve in one valve cover and a breather in the other. I just learned that I needed a free flowing breather, as a smaller, nicer looking one that didn't breathe as easily that I had swapped in was making my oil dipstick pop up from crankcase pressure.

Last edited:
IMG_1798.jpg
In these photos I "Teed" the pcv to both carbs.Thought being that it balanced both carbs.Worked for me.
IMG_2794.jpg

Mancini Racing part # MOPP5007534 On sale now for $643.50
With all the small parts and linkage less carbs expect to spend at least $1000

Here is a pic of the plug that is the port the PCV valve should go in. Also a pic of the finished product. I used the port on the backside of the carb instead. Note my homemade oil separator....a water separator for an air compressor works perfect.
carb1.jpg
pcv.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back