• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Penastar stamp on every emblem?

Rob Vaughn

Local time
2:19 PM
Reaction score
I have a good fried I've known all my life and is very trustworthy and he shows me this 1966 belvedere HP2 emblem he's had for 40+ years but has no penastar stamp on it just a part number AALE 2582345 which makes me question it's authenticity
My question is it nos? It's never had any nuts put on which is obvious by no scratches

Last edited:
I have a good fried I've known all my life and is very trustworthy and he shows me this 1966 belvedere HP2 emblem he's had for 40+ years but has no penastar stamp on it just a part number AALE 2582345 which makes me question it's authenticity
My question is it nos? It's never had any nuts put on which is obvious by no scratches
I removed what i assumed was an original front bumper from my 68 net. I considered rechroming it. But wanted to be certain it was an original. I couldn't find a pentastar anywhere. And asked where to look. I was told not all ma Mopars parts had them. Maybe the same applies here.

I don’t believe every part had a pentastar. I pulled off original hood emblems off my 63 C-Body and it didn’t have one. Just a PN.

I removed what i assumed was an original front bumper from my 68 net. I considered rechroming it. But wanted to be certain it was an original. I couldn't find a pentastar anywhere. And asked where to look. I was told not all ma Mopars parts had them. Maybe the same applies here.
He worked at a dealership that sold this stuff and he told me that it was no later than 1975 when he got it and I believe him cuz I've known him all my life whether or not it actually came from the dealership or not I don't know because he is a Mopar guy made it pick it up somewhere but anyhow he says 40 years plus for sure that he's had it in his possession and just ran across it I have no reason to doubt him so I'm going to Pony up the money he wants and buy it's the one-year only hemi emblem and never been on a car I cant let it go

Last edited:
Good pics of it, though. Should match your friend's NOS one - didn't look like it had a pentastar on it either.

Auto Transport Service
Back