• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

People with Electric fans - how do you control them?

Actually after stops the engine the coolant into the block keeps heating faster due the same reason you mention, being circulation stationary or slowed down. This of course increases temp and pressure. The pressure and temp variation between block and radiator being cooling down by the fans can still push some coolant circulation. You can check modern cars keeping the fans on if thermal switch keeps on the temp range for afew seconds/minutes after shut off ign switch. So is not a crazy idea or anything new.
Thank you for clarifying the issue. Always had conventional fans without any fuss, but am researching the electrics since my summers here often top 110, and the electrics seem to have gained a favorable reputation among folks in general.

I used a Derale, mostly because I liked having some adjustability and it being neatly packaged all in one box. It's a nice setup, turns one fan on at 185 then the second at 195 and also turns one on anytime the A/C is running.

I recall doing some passive solar water heater experiments as a kid back when the Carter administration was pushing alternative energy.

Auto Transport Service
Back