• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pics from Back in the Day

I’ve thought the same. Seems like every year they look younger and younger
Its not just you.
First, youre getting older... ;) But mainly its because they WERE more mature and harder - had to be. Life was tougher then and you had to 'grow up' and get tough earlier.
Also, there wasn't a 'youth culture' , so they dressed and acted more adult. But mostly it was because they were tougher.
Years ago, I went to the 'school department' offices in the little town where I graduated high school, doing a small bit of research for an article. Whilst there, i saw stacks of annuals, so i perused them... I noticed the same thing; my 'class' - 78 - looked older and more mature than 88, and 98 looked like second graders. 48 made 'us' look like little kids. Im sure - even as young as you are Mr Cheapsunglasses, that you would notice the same thing. Give it a few years and the trend will reverse given the way things are going... :(

OK...back to something more enjoyable, albeit maybe a few years too 'new' for this thread...
tumblr_ohkz2fQlMu1t5pdaio1_1280.jpg

Life would have been easier for me back then if I'd been a charger guy. Wife always told me she was attracted to me in spite of what I drove. My 1960 Chrysler 300F was the one exception, and she never let me have another one, probably because I quit my corporate job after I sold it.
May your good luck hold in keeping her clear of optometrists.
hawkeye.jpg

A few more from a life time ago. When I use to hang around the oil patches of Alberta and BC.

off to work.jpg

at work.jpg

That hourly wage in 1966 in today’s cash is around $28/hour. Not adding the nice bene’s. Enjoyed a pension plan for about five years before it was nuked back in ’85. Was making a crap salary; but the plan accumulated near 19 grand. Know a few who are living pretty wealthy off their pensions.

I was earning $2.00/hr. in 1969 at Canadian Timken in St. Thomas, Ontario. Renting an apartment with a buddy, and bought a new SuperBee. Our $ was about par with U.S. $, back then.

So, you've always been a high roller!

Auto Transport Service
Back