• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please help with 68 Coronet R/T dash questions!

ChazRam

Local time
6:18 PM
Reaction score
Hi, my brother has a 68 Coronet R/T. It has the dash with the 150 speedo. It is the long rectangular speedo guage. We were digging into the car as its in the process of getting fixed up to drive next spring. It appears something is missing. It looks like there should be a bezel that goes around the speedo area and its not there??? We have two little chrome hockey stick style chrome pieces that appear to go by the left side of the speedo and the right side of the dash by the right of the padde glovebox area. There is no piece to connect the two. Also the car has a Coronet R/T woodgrain piece that is above the glovebox padded area. The radio bezel appears to be a Coronet 440 part as its kind of a charcoal color with lots of ribs in it going from top to bottom. We are trying to get this dash right and complete. Does anyone have the info on this I will need to make the dash right? Can anyone post a pic or two of one of these dashes so I can have something to go by? lastly if anyone has the parts we need to complete the dash please feel free to pm me with details or post a response on this thread. Thanks a bunch!!
Chas.

026.jpg

023.jpg

021.jpg

The Coronet R/T should be like a GTX, so you will have extra trim. I believe a Coronet 440 will have the extra trim too. I think on these cars you get an aluminum trim piece that goes above the speedo all the way across to the hockey stick parts. Plus the plastic that covers all the metal.

Auto Transport Service
Back