• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Please S T O P saying this" thread.

My daughter has 8.5 years of college and a great memory, but many years ago when she was in high school she asked me how compounded interest worked. I was floored. I opened up an account for her and put 10 thousand dollars in it and told her to watch. She wouldn't forget now, that was almost 20 years ago. By the time she's my age the answer to how it works will be even more obvious, it already is.

You're missing the point or purposely avoiding it.
College doesn't guarantee that a student will be transformed into an intelligent citizen. It helps but is not a certainty. Many people learn to score well on tests but are still ignorant people. Many people with natural instincts that don't go to college still are intelligent in non academic matters.
I never mentioned college. You did. :thumbsup:

"I'll be honest with you..."
Does that mean if that phrase isn't used the next statement is a lie?

People that speak and write in a cryptic form are annoying as well. They are very tempting for the use of the IGNORE feature.

I never mentioned college. You did. :thumbsup:
image002.jpg

I use the words groovy, far out and even copasetic just to screw with young people sometimes. :)

I think that those words are great when the user knows that they are out of style.
I say I'm hip sometimes when I think of it.
I like Cowabunga.

I think that those words are great when the user knows that they are out of style.
I say I'm hip sometimes when I think of it.
I like Cowabunga.
Yes, I always do so in jest and the "kids" get a kick out of it, sometimes asking "just how old ARE you?" :)
Cowabunga? Naw, that's too new. :lol:

I know a few people, male and female, that laugh after every sentence they speak, even when just stating facts e.g. "I have to go to the mall later, haha".
It's ludicrous and very annoying.
I have a coworker like that, it's extremely obnoxious! He'll be telling you about working on a tractor, car.. really anything for that matter and bust up laughing to where he's bent over at the end of every sentence? It's uncomfortable to even talk to him because your in complete disbelief with what your witnessing, bizarre!

"Please STOP saying"...... well the thing I'm thinking of may not be suitable for this part of the site so I'm not gonna say it BUT I'm sick of it nonetheless as its a big lie

I have a coworker like that, it's extremely obnoxious! He'll be telling you about working on a tractor, car.. really anything for that matter and bust up laughing to where he's bent over at the end of every sentence? It's uncomfortable to even talk to him because your in complete disbelief with what your witnessing, bizarre!
They started that because the were not confident in what they said, freeze in fear kinda thing, a crutch.

The female teachers in my HS were all over 60, except two. One wore these cool little John Lennon-style glasses, and had the sexiest radio voice ever. pretty nice-looker, too! The other was insanely pretty. The perfume she wore drove all of us boys insane with desire.

when did it become proper to begin a sentence with "So" .. especially when someone is asked a question and they give an answer it starts with So ...drives me crazy as "borrow me a dollar" when we were in school
guilty!

Auto Transport Service
Back