• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Plug Wire 'kit' installing tomorrow

tmaleck

Local time
11:31 AM
Reaction score
I hate plug wires running all over the place. These should do the trick and work OK with the Proflow 4 electronics and TTi headers. Plan to use the polished loom holders along the valve covers ans loop the plug wires over the header tubes. Hope to be done tomorrow, we'll see.
plug wire kit.jpg
intake_right_view.jpg

distrib_clearance_front.jpg
intake_right_view.jpg
intake_left_view.jpg

Nice. I used 2 sets of the Taylor wire looms on the Coronet. Keeps it tidy.

At one time, I bought the organizers on the left in your pic and although they were very well made, once installed I found them basically "in the way" of accessing the plugs below (I have Hedmans, not the nicer TTI's).
They sure look pretty installed, though.

Last edited:
Hope to be done tomorrow, we'll see.
This is something I have been needing to do for over 2 years! Ever since I installed my spark plug wires that I terminated myself, they are all over the engine compartment. I was short on time when I did them, was planning on installing a male post distributor cap eventually, and never got back to it.
I have 1 7/8th TTi polished ceramic coated headers. 452 heads for now.
Really looking forward to the pix of your finished product!
634722-0c034fe47af0a7ca73296e6a834169c8.gif
panda popcorn.gif

Looking forward to some results as well.
Currently i have the 90deg plug caps from an MSD kit on the spark plugs, which, IMO, cause the wire to be stupidly long and routing them back up is a PITA without them hitting the headers.
I think i will go for long straight plug ends, or the long 45deg as shown on the box in your pics, not sure which one you are going to use?
For you it will be a nice addition because that block looks damn good already!

Those plug caps steer the wiring away from the header nicely!

Currently i also have red wiring but i think i will go for a black colour next time because that silicone absorbs all greasy fingers that touch them and are not easy to clean. (apart from with chemicals)
On black wiring not easy to see :D

ok Tmaleck, you have added to our appetites. tell us a little about the engine and especially the intake and throttle body. is the aluminum runner from R&M? Just really curious.
thanks
PT in Tennessee

Gladly. it's a 73 440, forged crank. It has Wiseco forged true street flat top pistons. Rods are stock 6 pack. Both were balanced. Comp cams nostalgia plus cam, PRW stainless rockers. Sidewinder aluminum heads with 78cc chambers. CVF black serpentine kit with compressor and power steering. 440 Source SFI fluid damper. The intake and distributor are part of the Edelbrock Proflow 4 XT with 90mm throttle body. Plug wires are Mallory universal spiral core with 135 degree ceramic boots. Wire looms are R&M billet. Lots of trial and error, I may post a build thread down the road.
Tim

Auto Transport Service
Back