• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

POLL: What Year RoadRunner is best

Which year roadrunner is your fav

Votes: 59 20.5%

Votes: 76 26.4%

Votes: 99 34.4%

Votes: 35 12.2%

Votes: 13 4.5%

Votes: 2 0.7%

Votes: 3 1.0%

Votes: 1 0.3%

• Total voters
Okay...but there was a Coronet R/T convertible...surely that had the rallye dash?
The non rallye dash is standard in the Coronet R/T,with the 150 MPH speedometer,I think a rallye dash might have been an option though. With only 236 70 Coronet R/T convertible cars built for the US,and 60 export cars for a total of 296 built, you will be hard pressed to find one to glimpse through the windshield at all. Although there were only 824 Road Runner convertible cars built in 1970,so they are truly a rare bird as well 50 years later!

Last edited:
I gotta stick with 69 since I own one. My son in-law bought from original owner few years back. He has pictures of him and siblings from 30 years ago with the car in background. I bought the car from my from in-law and had pulled from mud. Its rough but getting better every month and now a driver. Its a pure Roadrunner; 383, 727, sure grip rear end and no AC. Car was originally from Winston Salem NC but shipped to Ca last summer. With that its a morning driver in summer with the windows down and elbow on the door. Yup its bad ***

1970 for sure. I had a 70 RR 383 4-speed, bucket seats. Loved that car with the rally/sport dash, best dash of that era.

20200729_111248-2.jpg

Love the lines of the 70...the scallop. The front and the rear end are both bad ***. (Yeah, this is my Satellite, but with the RR hood and rear bezels, it is the same car). I'm going with the GTX blacked-out rear and the GTX honeycomb front when I get the money to replace more broken parts. (Front and back bumper, replace the 4 round blinker / backup lights, and fill in the holes where I did a rear chrome delete...)

I just have a thing for '73 roadrunners. I just like the way that they look, and they could still be had with performance engines like the 340 4bbl and 440 magnum.

Cool cars. My dad had one in the early 80's.
View attachment 1011489
If anyone somehow knows what happened to that car please pm me. It was sold around Christmas time in the early/mid 80's in Bethesda Maryland.
It had a tan interior with a 340/auto combo. It had custom speakers installed in the panel between the rear window and rear seat. As it is in that picture it is wearing it's original paint.
I have a 68 RR and a 73 RR GTX. They are definitely different cars but both are cool. The 68 is more "pure" but the 73 could still move with the performance options checked off. Good luck in finding your car!

OK, just for my interest....i would love to know what everyone tends to think is the best year for the RR.

Please try not to be too biased, i know its hard....i have a 69 which i truly think is the best...but anyhow, should be interesting to see what everyone thinks..
Actually I have a 1970 Hybrid Roadrunner/GTX which started off as a Satellite. I know the term is Clone but I like the word Hybrid because I took the best from each model on the rebuild. I voted for the 68 but the 69 is right up there as well. Why did I do a 70, the car was given to me by my son who thought I needed something to do in Retirement!! Note this was the second time somebody bought me a car. My first car was bought for me by my father (note, he had no idea what the car was), a 1964 Dodge Polara 500 with a 426 four speed. That is how I became a Mopar guy.

I really loved my 68 B-5 Blue Roadrunner but the 70 with the 426 Hemi, Air Grabber, 727, and Trac Pak I saw in the showroom in B-5 blue with a pearl white vinyl top and white interior was my all-time favorite. I should have bought it when I had the chance. When I went back to buy it, someone else had beaten me to the punch. I recently purchased a 1969 Roadrunner Hardtop that I'm building into my version of a home-built Pro-Touring car. About the only thing this car will be left with that came from the factory is the shell, trim, and back seat. I am using a 440 block that I have built up and a speed shop built 727 with a GearVendors OD behind it.

A plum crazy purple 1970 Road Runner with a Grabber hood and 4 speed backing up a 440+6. But then any Mopar is better than no Mopar.

Absolutely ‘71-‘72 Others are BRICKS. They were great for taxi cabs or demolition derby.But if want to go fast get you some 71-72!!!!! Don’t think so??? Ask Richard Petty !!! (Lol) I like them all!!!

Last edited:
522640_229246407219085_660623893_n(2) (720x720).jpg
"41 dodge", do you mean like this - the Hemi ? Oh and its a GTX instead of a RR ! My first car and I still have it , bought it in 1976 ! love my first born !

Started out with a 68 in 1973, 383 4 speed orange with black top and black stripes on the hood. Picked up a 69 in 1978 black with white interior, 383 auto. Paid $500 for each one of them and drove them home. What will $500 get you now.

Auto Transport Service
Back