• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Poll: which looks better?

Which looks better

• The Dart like caps (cap A)

Votes: 24 66.7%
  • The Devil's Tower cap (cap B) (think Close Encounters)

Votes: 12 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Its a tuff one as I love your car and both look so sweet !! But I think I kinda like "A the Dart like caps " best. But everytime I see your car it makes me realalize why I like the 63 Mopars so much. :yes: Ron

Thanks Ron, also what one person pointed out to me was in the "Dart" caps the serrated outer lines match the 3 black inlays in the chrome trim on the rear 1/4 panel, see attachments, but I like the Devil's tower ones because of their unique shape and the"fratzog" really stands out in the center of them, decisions, decisions, decisions....

1963_Dodge_Polara_Hemi028.jpg

1963_Dodge_Polara_Hemi208.jpg

Don't tell my preacher, I voted with the Devil this time.
very hard call, but I like the unusual.
Also the deeper rear wheel can handle the fuller look.

Both caps look great on your car. I like cap A better overal ( just between the two caps not taking in consideration what they are going on). But.... I voted for B, just because of the car they would go on. The front end styling of your car is "busy" and differant. Alot of people consider it love it or hate it ( I love it myself )... Keep with the "Dodge to be differant" theym and go with B.
Just my 2 or 3 cents.

I voted for the devils tower caps because they remind me of Close Encounters of the Thrid Kind which had Melinda Dillon in it, who also played Ralphies mother in a Christmas Story and was also in Slap Shot where she was in bed with Paul Newman, topless and sportin' some friggin' killer nipples and....wait, what was this post about again ?

Last edited:
Yeah nipples like little ROCKS! You could have spun rings on those, or dog dish hub caps maybe, yeah that's what this thread is about, heh.

Or doing the George Thorogood, one scotch, one bourbon, one beer contest. End result.....complete abombilation!

You can't go wrong with either... just get both and swap back and forth, or put two in the front and the other two in the back, lol

Funny thing is I have been recently been doing one show with one set then the next with another. I have a really big indoor show (kinda like a mini SEMA) in about 6 weeks and want to see what people like better here and I'll go with those for the show. I want to blow them away. :grin:

So far it looks like the "Dart type" is the one I will stay with as majority rules. I still like the devil's tower ones and may alternate on occasion. If I ever bring the car up the 1/4 mile it may also save me a billionth of a second in aerodynamics. Every little bit helps, right?

What can I say, I like it just as drawn in your cartoon! But as 69Runner says, if you really want people to say, "WTF?", put one pair on one side and the other pair on the other side...:grin:

Auto Transport Service
Back