• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Poll: which looks better?

Which looks better

• The Dart like caps (cap A)

Votes: 24 66.7%
  • The Devil's Tower cap (cap B) (think Close Encounters)

Votes: 12 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So far it looks like the "Dart type" is the one I will stay with as majority rules. I still like the devil's tower ones and may alternate on occasion. If I ever bring the car up the 1/4 mile it may also save me a billionth of a second in aerodynamics. Every little bit helps, right?

Maybe for a street race, but any track I have ever run at is not going to let you run with ANY kind of hub cap. Just have your wheels painted gloss black and run chrome lug nut like the factgory A12 cars did.

Maybe for a street race, but any track I have ever run at is not going to let you run with ANY kind of hub cap. Just have your wheels painted gloss black and run chrome lug nut like the factgory A12 cars did.

Or halk light blue and half dark blue like the Ramchargers did with their cars :grin:

Thanks Ron, also what one person pointed out to me was in the "Dart" caps the serrated outer lines match the 3 black inlays in the chrome trim on the rear 1/4 panel, see attachments, but I like the Devil's tower ones because of their unique shape and the"fratzog" really stands out in the center of them, decisions, decisions, decisions....
Are the polls closed yet? I voted for the 'Devils Tower' caps 'cause they help fill those big rear wheel wells and add a bit more visual interest. You can get the same 'detailing' as the 'Dart' caps by painting the insets on the 'DT' caps black like the painted ring - might give a bit more 'zing' to their appearance. Their not original to the car anyway, so what's a little more paint?

The F.A.S.T. Racing series will let you. Special rules of course.
Almost every car entered is running a hubcap or trim ring of some kind.

Are the polls closed yet?

Nope. Not yet. And I can always change it if need be.

On that other note, I ran my Challenger at the Factory Stock and Pure Stock races with the caps on. I used to run my Super Bee at the Motorplex with the caps on it as well. Hell, I even ran my T5 car at Green Valley (home of Mr. Bardahl) with the beauty rings in place

I dont think it matter which you put on the car. Its bad as either way.

I voted for cap A. I just like the smoother look of them. Besides that, your car is so awesome that if I was looking at it in person, the cars hub caps would be low on my priority list of things to check out! :yes: :grin:

Richard

Here's a few cars with the smooth caps and a couple with other style wheels for you to ponder.

Richard

63 Dodge Polara Super Stock - Red.jpg

63 Plymouth Savoy - Red.jpg

1963 Dodge 330 race car light blue #1.jpg

63max wedge car.jpg

I voted for cap A. I just like the smoother look of them. Besides that, your car is so awesome that if I was looking at it in person, the cars hub caps would be low on my priority list of things to check out! :yes: :grin:

Richard

Wow, never really thought of t like that, thanks! :grin:

Here's a few cars with the smooth caps and a couple with other style wheels for you to ponder.

Richard

I like the look of the last one in the snow that's the same color as mine with the 1/2 white/blue rears and the Torq Thrusts up front.

Hey Steve,

The steelie back, mags in front, looks great and was very popular back in the day. :yes:

Richard

DeTar Automotive Archives - sdetar@cox.net.jpg

Yankee Peddler.jpg

dallas_hemi.jpg

download_0002.jpg

Terry Ivey.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back