• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Poly 318 flywheel vs La 318

junkyard junky

Local time
3:24 AM
Reaction score
Is a flywheel from a poly 318 automatic 65 dodge the same bolt pattern as a la 318? Search the forum and didn't come up with much. I'm assuming so but just wanted to make sure. Thanks!

Since you're talking about an automatic trans. car I assume you're referring to the flexplate (rather than a flywheel). Another assumption is that you're asking about the crank bolt pattern. They should be the same between the Poly and the LA 318. Mine are.

Yes, Flex plate. Also wanting to see if the bolt pattern for the torque converter is the same.

this is not an early poly is it
later poly should be the same
correct me but there may have been two later converter patterns- straight and offset of one hole near the drain plug
not a hard fix if I remember correctly

Yes, Flex plate. Also wanting to see if the bolt pattern for the torque converter is the same.

You may have to physically check/measure the flexplate bolt patterns of the torque convertors that you have.
The factory flexplates that I have from small block Mopars are all the same size and have the same bolt pattern.

But take this for what it's worth: I have some after market weighted flexplates for the LA 360, both for the 904 trans. and also the 727 trans. and they all came drilled for three different TC bolt patterns from the manufacturer.

Later poly engine. 1965.

I measured the bolt pattern for the torque converter and its 11-1/8 inches if I remember correctly. Do you have a measurement for torque converter bolt pattern on the flex plate for a la 318? I don't have one but have a couple of poly ones. Thanks.

The TC from my '68 318 measures 10" in a criss/cross pattern, hole center to hole center.

FWIW I have one TC that apparently came out of a 727 (don't know what application) but it's flexplate holes measure 11 inches cross wise from hole to hole.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back