• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Polyuethane bushings has no positive lock on pivot shafts

As I turn the nut the shaft just spins inside the bushing, there is nothing to hold on to, and I am a long way from making contact with the k member.
I had the same issue when I installed my poly bushings. I was able to hold the collar with a thin jawed vise grip to stop the shaft from turning. Once you get it snugged up you can remove the vise grip for the final torque. Worked for me on two different vehicles.

Well, I tried the regular nut and it seemed to work, but then kept spinning. Went with the narrow vice grips on the further to the front and SUCCESS!!! Thanks people!! Still have the other side to assemble. Can’t make the same mistake twice?!?
I had the same issue when I installed my poly bushings. I was able to hold the collar with a thin jawed vise grip to stop the shaft from turning. Once you get it snugged up you can remove the vise grip for the final torque. Worked for me on two different vehicles.

Auto Transport Service
Back