• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Possible found a 68 RR

1998mysticz28

Local time
12:36 AM
Reaction score
Like I said my attentions are to buy a 68 Plymouth and restore to the way my father had his. I found this one on Moparts.com It also comes with a cornet as a parts car. What do you guys think?

6500 w/ spare parts car and these parts
68 coronet 4dr rolling shell
2 nice 68 doors
1 mint decklid
complete dash assy with a nice dash pad
nice bench seat w good tracks
nice correct 68 column
69 383 hp engine w hp manifolds
68 valve covers
727 bb trans
nos grille
nos hl bezels
nos tl bezels
nos front lower pan
nos frt bumper brackets
nos frt side markers
mint rear side markers
front iner fenders and rad support
correct 68 383 at carb
rebuilt dash switches
nos fuel tank w sender
rear sway bar
subframe connectors
us car tool torque boxes nib
3.23 742 suregrip center section

Attachments

• rotrunner 003.JPG
    rotrunner 003.JPG
    161.3 KB · Views: 790
  • rotrunner 004.JPG
    rotrunner 004.JPG
    154.7 KB · Views: 796
  • rotrunner 009.JPG
    rotrunner 009.JPG
    149.4 KB · Views: 805
  • rotrunner 018.JPG
    rotrunner 018.JPG
    154.7 KB · Views: 805
  • rotrunner 022.JPG
    rotrunner 022.JPG
    153.4 KB · Views: 783
  • rotrunner 029.JPG
    rotrunner 029.JPG
    151.5 KB · Views: 776
  • rotrunner 036.JPG
    rotrunner 036.JPG
    157.8 KB · Views: 785
  • runner68 001.JPG
    runner68 001.JPG
    152.7 KB · Views: 791
  • runner68 002.JPG
    runner68 002.JPG
    156.1 KB · Views: 801
  • runner68 004.JPG
    runner68 004.JPG
    153 KB · Views: 821
  • runner68 007.JPG
    runner68 007.JPG
    143.9 KB · Views: 803
  • runner68 008.JPG
    runner68 008.JPG
    165 KB · Views: 780
Looks to me like a lot of rust repair. Make sure you check the frame rails,torsion bar mounts,inner rear wheel houses ,Etc. Maybe you could talk him down some.

I agree. Way too much visable rust, which means there's most likely a whole lot of unseen damage. Not that it can't be addressed, but what usually happens is when you get done cutting out everything that needs replacing, you're left with very little of anything even resembling a car. For that money you can (and should) do much better.

Two Words Come To Mind:Tetanus Shot

But on a serious note that is a lot of rust. It would be a gamble on what would come back after having it sand blasted. I have been there and still am. My Fathers first car was a 66 Ford Falcon (1yr body style) and the car I am building right now looks as bad as that. I have welded temp brace just to send it too the media blaster. Just don't get over whelmed and take your time if you do decide to dive in on this one. But I think you may want to wait and find one in a little better shape. Just my 2 cents

Might not be much left of her when all of the rust is cut away... :(

whats the definition of "nothing" ?......................... 4 FOOT LONG TURD WITH ALL THE **** SCRAPED OFF !

keep looking my man...you gotta find one better than that,,,theyre out there. just dont grab the 1st one ya see !

haha, trust me I get bored here at work and my time on the internet is either spent trying to find a lq9 block for the Camaro or find this car. Ive looked high and low throuch Clist, Pro touring, Ebay, you name it haha. I just feel everyone I find is rusted to hell

Yeah Ive seen all of those cars, the one in MS isnt a coupe so no go. though id love to have that thing

Please don't take this the wrong way... There are tons of RR's for sale, for not much more money, that run & drive, that will have far less rust repair & parts hunting, you will spend $20+k repairing that car, or 1000+ hrs, when you can buy a fully restored 68 RR 383ci 727 auto 3.23:1 8-3/4, for $18K-$25K all day long, an absolute perfect car is only worth $30K, you will have spent near that & all the time, plus parts & shipping hassles too... I say keep on looking, try Calif.or the South West we have allot of more rust free cars here, spend the extra money on shipping instead of headaches, from searching for parts & rust repairs, But if you choose to buy that car, have fun with the rustoration project...

That Road Runner has been for sale for a long time on Moparts.com and I have talked with the guy before. I think for what he is asking for it and all the parts its still to high for what work needs to be done.

When you get into that price range you can find some nice drivers.

Also if my memory is right on this car something is missing either the fender tag or something. I think he was asking 8k for it the last time I looked at it.

We are in some hard times and there are some nice drivers out there for that price or not far from it. It used to be you find a project car at a good price and could restore it to driver standard and enjoy it now the project cars are as high as running driving cars.

When one is looking for a car the worst thing is to be impatient and get in a rush. These are hard times and trust me,
the car you want will come along.
Regarding the rustbucket you were looking at, by the time it's finished you will likely have 25-40K into it if you are able and willing to do a lot of the work yourself.

After building several cars over the years I finally learned it's better and less $$$$$$ to wait and buy one finished or almost finished as opposed to building from a junker.

You see it all the time in the ads: "75K invested, Will take $35, 000 OBO".

Goog luck!

no harm taking yall, so something like this is more what I should be after?

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/3339132728.html

That car looks to be in better shape or a better starting point then the other one. I would get the fender tag info and then if it is one you get I would look for the correct seats. I love 68 Road Runners with a beanch seat and floor mats no carpet.

If you need some 68 parts I think my friend has a bunch of 4 door Sats that could donate some parts to it.

Ask about the back window, trunk extension, trunk floor and wheel housing for the rust problems. I would just from what I saw make an offer of 2500 to 3000 for it.

no harm taking yall, so something like this is more what I should be after?

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/3339132728.html

That one looks a LOT more solid. Still on the high side for price, so no harm making a reasonable offer, especially with the giant wheel well cutouts! Makes the car look more like a Bee than a Bird from the door handles back, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it's a factor to consider in pricing.

well I think Im just gonna buy a "complete car" and then paint it and change interior color if I have too. As much as I would like to restore one, I dont think its in my means right now

Auto Transport Service
Back