• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Possibly the Last Corvette Made Sold on BJ

I'm not into Vettes, but at first glance, that back end looks too Transformer-ish to me.

I'm not into Vettes, but at first glance, that back end looks too Transformer-ish to me.

I think it looks better than the C7 though. I like the looks of the C7 aside from the *** end; the crying taillight and quad exhaust tips look cheap and misaligned.

DSC01744_zpsjtxbhoef.jpg

I don't like the fake plastic rear vents on the new design, as it reminds me of this:

2017-Honda-Civic-SI-Sedan-rear-end.jpg

I'd prefer they kept the rear less busy and went for styling similar to this:

ferrarigtc4lussot_13.jpg

Last edited:
I think it looks better than the C7 though. I like the looks of the C7 aside from the *** end; the crying taillight and quad exhaust tips look cheap and misaligned.

View attachment 796566

I don't like the fake plastic rear vents on the new design, as it reminds me of this:

2017-Honda-Civic-SI-Sedan-rear-end.jpg

I'd prefer they kept the rear less busy and went for styling similar to this:

View attachment 796570
Looks like a Carl’s Junior crying star on the white Vette. Not familiar with that logo.

Well Old Dan may be disappointed, I was recently working/driving 2019 Vettes at the GM fleet event in Dallas and the product manager was saying that he believed there would be a front engine and the mid engine being offered in 2020. Also said the base mid engine was going to have a MSRP of around $51K as they try and win customers over to the mid engine design. The Corvette purists are already screaming.

Looks like a Carl’s Junior crying star on the white Vette. Not familiar with that logo.

My bad, as that wasn't a stock diffuser on that white vette. This is more typical:

98221.jpg

Well Old Dan may be disappointed, I was recently working/driving 2019 Vettes at the GM fleet event in Dallas and the product manager was saying that he believed there would be a front engine and the mid engine being offered in 2020. Also said the base mid engine was going to have a MSRP of around $51K as they try and win customers over to the mid engine design. The Corvette purists are already screaming.
The Vette crowd is a different breed. They believe it's the pinochle of the Muscle car. When you try to explain that it's the Corvette that caused the Muscle car design? (Working man's performance without having to squeeze your butt into a sports car) Their heads can actually explode!

The Vette crowd is a different breed. They believe it's the pinochle of the Muscle car. When you try to explain that it's the Corvette that caused the Muscle car design? (Working man's performance without having to squeeze your butt into a sports car) Their heads can actually explode!

They should be proud. It's a GT car competing with the likes of Porsche and the Ford GT for a fraction of the showroom price.

I've owned a couple of vettes, had a 74 454 red on red car back in the mid to late 80's (bought it in 86, put it in storage until 90, then traded it in 90) and more recently (2007) had a 96 LT4 6 spd black on black car. While each were fun, neither was "all that". I found it interesting that when I had the C4, the C5 guys would not wave or look at the car. Went to a Vette show with the 96 and each generation basically stayed among themselves, very weird. That 96 was the worst engineered car I ever worked on. Had guys on the Corvette forums talking about their "factory race cars"..... LOL I am not a vette hater but its definitely a different crowd.

Corvette buyers did something similar when the
68 model was introduced.
Look what happened to the prices of 67 big blocks
now, especially ones with no to little
Miles

Pretty sweet looking ride in my opinion - $70kish. Does look Italian as Dennis said. Poor mans Lambo....

I don't think it looks all that bad. Certainly better than anything else they've produced since the 70s. And this will surely brush-off that old man stereotype by attracting younger enthusiasts.

tzhrokqedzb1diiybgky.png

I don't mind it form that angle, but like all recent Vettes, the *** end looks like ***.

Yeah it looks cool, but really now just looks like a copy of a Euro super car. The C7 still had some Corvette DNA at least.

Having owned a couple of Vettes and having to work on them, this one is going to be a nightmare to do anything to whether it be maintenance or modification. I hope it is not like a Ferrari that requires the complete rear fascia to be removed and the engine to be dropped to change the spark plugs and belts...

Too bad it only comes with the dbl-clutch auto.

I don't mind it form that angle, but like all recent Vettes, the *** end looks like ***.

I like it better than the C7. Not as much plastic and the vents are actually functional. Not sure about the square tips, but I'm sure those will be easily swapped or configured.

upload_2019-7-19_9-41-7.png

Auto Transport Service
Back