• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Thanksgiving, and Leftovers

VANDAN

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:55 PM
Reaction score
I've always heard people complaining about eating T-Day leftovers, and wondered where their head was at ?
One of Our Favorites is taking the remains, and making Turkey Pot Pie ! Nothing like that smell cooking up on a cold, damp day, and enjoying the results. My wife has mastered this, and I mix up a pretty good bourbon, Wild Turkey of course, Manhatten !!!
1127221825.jpg
1127221825a.jpg
1127221839.jpg

Yummy

I just like my toasted Turkey sandwiches - Lots of butter

My Siberian Huskies join in also

I've always heard people complaining about eating T-Day leftovers, and wondered where their head was at ?
One of Our Favorites is taking the remains, and making Turkey Pot Pie ! Nothing like that smell cooking up on a cold, damp day, and enjoying the results. My wife has mastered this, and I mix up a pretty good bourbon, Wild Turkey of course, Manhatten !!!
View attachment 1379337View attachment 1379338View attachment 1379339
That looks really good....care to share a recipe? :thumbsup:

We don't do Thanksgiving down under....but Christmas is coming, and I have a big bird reserved. :)

Sounds like a good idea here with that pot pie. May have to give it a shot.

I second the request for a recipe. Please and thank you.

Just finished the turkey pot pie.
Mrs. Wacko makes them without any recipe but usually includes just about anything that was on the table Thanksgiving day.
It is literally heaven in a pie crust.

I like to make a Hawaiian pineapple/curry concoction from turkey leftovers. This recipe uses two cups of turkey meat.

2 Cans pineapple chunks (14 oz.)
1 Cup sliced onions
1/4 Cup Chopped green pepper
1/3 Cup Flour
2 Packages chicken bouillon
2 Cups hot water
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
1 Teaspoon finely grated lemon peel
2 Cups cut up cooked turkey
1 or 2 Teaspoons curry powder
1 Teaspoon salt

Drain juice from pineapple, reserve. Pan fry onions and green pepper in butter until onions are transparent. Stir in flour.

Dissolve chicken bouillon in hot water, add to mixture.

Add pineapple juice and lemon juice, cook until thickened.

Add rest of ingredients, simmer 20 minutes.

Serve hot over cooked fluffy rice or crisp chow mein noodles.

I’ve never gotten that some people just distain the thought of eating leftovers of any kind. Of course I grew up in a family of eleven - My parents and nine kids. If you were dumb enough to turn your nose up at left overs it was pretty simple - in our house you just didn’t eat. Lol Leftovers were away of life and I have zero problems with them to this day. In fact something’s seem to me they’re better as leftovers

Hope you guys and your families had a really great thankful day and let’s hope for a better 2023.

I put the carcass and all the other bones in the backyard. Within 24 hours every spec is gone between the foxes, raccoons, squirrels and Magpies.

We just finished the leftovers that we had.
Been eating them for dinner since Thanksgiving and glad we didn't waste anything although the chickens will be pissed but they did get some old cake and crackers and fresh corn scratch so they got over it !

That looks really good....care to share a recipe? :thumbsup:

We don't do Thanksgiving down under....but Christmas is coming, and I have a big bird reserved. :)

Sounds like a good idea here with that pot pie. May have to give it a shot.

I second the request for a recipe. Please and thank you.
I'll share what I know about it. My wife usually buys a few pie crusts when buying all the fixin's for the dinner. This years came from Aldi's, frozen I think, and rolls them out into a Pyrex dish. Layers in the mashed potatoes, veggies, squash, turkey, dressing, cranberries, and pours gravy in between the layers to keep it from drying out. Layer the crust on top, cooking time around 1 hr at 425*, or until the crust is golden brown, and the aroma is all there ! Remove it to cool, and that's the time to enjoy the Manhattan's, 8/5 bourbon/sweet vermouth, few dash bitters, dark sour cherries & juice, and plenty of ice to chill 'em. Lucked out tonite, as there were 2 slices of pumpkin pie left to finish off !!!

I'll share what I know about it. My wife usually buys a few pie crusts when buying all the fixin's for the dinner. This years came from Aldi's, frozen I think, and rolls them out into a Pyrex dish. Layers in the mashed potatoes, veggies, squash, turkey, dressing, cranberries, and pours gravy in between the layers to keep it from drying out. Layer the crust on top, cooking time around 1 hr at 425*, or until the crust is golden brown, and the aroma is all there ! Remove it to cool, and that's the time to enjoy the Manhattan's, 8/5 bourbon/sweet vermouth, few dash bitters, dark sour cherries & juice, and plenty of ice to chill 'em. Lucked out tonite, as there were 2 slices of pumpkin pie left to finish off !!!
Awesome.......thank you.

Auto Transport Service
Back