• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your 10 second combo's

My 63 weighs 3725 with over half a tank of gas and me not in it. Its about 3900 lbs with me in it. Best et is 10.76 at 125 and I use a very stock 8-3/4. But its mostly street driven and I dont race it on the street. I have raced it once or twice a year since around 2010 and so far the 8-3/4 has held up. Now that said back in the late 70's and early 80's I bracket raced a 66 Dart 4-speed car that I put a 340 in. I am guessing it weighed around 3200 lbs but never weighed it. Best it ever ran was 11.94 @ 113 and in 4 years of bracket racing it I broke about three 8-3/4 rears because it was a 4-speed and it had 4.56 gear. But when I let the clutch out the gas pedal is on the floor as I ran it hard. The car was much slower then my 63 but broke the 8-3/4 a few times where my 63 with an auto thats a faster and heavier car has not broke the rear yet. If you run your car hard as you should if your racing it and its a 4-speed I would definetly think about putting a Dana or Ford 9" in it. Good luck what ever you decide. Ron

I will also say my car was done on a very tight budget. I still use the stock gas tank and basically all stock suspension with SS springs and 90/10 shocks up front. No tubbing and the springs and not moved at all as a 30 x 9 tire fits fine in my stock wheelwell. The body is all stock as is most of the interior. I built the eng , trans and rear myself and the only one I really spent much money on was the eng. And that was the aluminum heads and the 440Source 4.15 stroker kit. The trans I built with mostly stock Mopar parts and the rear is mostly stock. I knew I would only race the car once a year or maybe twice sometimes. I saved alot of money not tubbing the car and doing the work myself. Its built to be a 99% street driven car and I never race on the street and so far its held together going on 11 years like that. I also still have the stock power drum brakes on the car and it stops ok and of course I drive it easy on the street and not like a nut. Thats all my budget could handle as if I had the money I would have put a Dana or 9" rear in it and disc brakes up front. Maybe one day I will be able to afford the parts. Ron

Last edited:
Well put Ron!

4 speeds brake axles even trick ones lol...

Think you need to update your AVATAR though?
You let the 'cat outta da bag'' with the 4.150 stroker crank...

I'm honest with my avatar, its a 511 but I call it a 512...:thankyou:
OK its not a Poly so I is telling porkies too...:wetting:

Well put Ron!

I always tell everyone its a 440/493 but just never got around to changing the sig. Course I did try to make it look like a Max Wedge clone. The ones that really trick you is when they have a power adder and dont tell you. They can be much faster then we think. Ron

Something like ‘twin turbo’s lol...

That’s gonna be my Mopar mates power adder, not sure if he will be able to hide them though on his 528 hemi...

Tried going on your link but my computer don’t like it, says is a information stealer?

Anyways my power adder is a 402 stroker Poly in a 62 Plymouth...

Most folks think a Poly is a parrot, a (Norwegian) blue dead one lol:realcrazy:

Last edited:
One day I hope to put a thread on this page for a 402ci 10 second combo...

Last edited:
View attachment 883514

My brother and I raced this Cuda in the 90s. Sold in 07 but kept the engine finally rebuilding it now for a B Body! So you you guys should be seeing me more over here on the racing side.

stage VI 440,13.4:1, m1, 850 race dp, 030 over domed trw, ly rods w arp rod bolts and main studs. 274/282@ .050 on 111, .630 lift. Harlan sharp 1.5s. 2 1/8 hooker super comps.
70 v cude cuda(turned into a race car unfortunately)..backhalfed, ladder bar, leaf springs, 12point dana 60 4.88, 14x32, 3650 race wt. Built the tranny out of a 77 lockup727 switched the front guts, bolt in sprag, tranZact of indy pro brake, turbo action 5500 J 8" converter. On the brake full power it would carry the wheels nearly through 1st. But the second pass the brake wouldn't hold(we blamed it on a weak front pump) so we always left at 2500 on a two step with the delay box on the top bulb and lost some e.t. The stage VI heads were a very early set they were bought from ray Barton, barton cleaned up the seats and flowed them and they were in a magazine. But I can't remember the publication. They flowed 270 with the stock port. With the stock port and a 270/280 @.050 roller .610 lift on the 2 step we ran a 10.75@121. We built our own flowbench and ported the heads...started out in the bowls and actually lost intake flow. Interesting Barton had the seats maximized for the ports...but we didnt give up started make the port taller...a lot...had to tig weld some holes about 330 cfm. With head porting and slightly bigger cam resulted in a 10.30@127. Did not even get to tune the new combo,...unfortunately the ly rods didnt like the new power and we pulled one in two...when we took the engine apart we were also getting spider cracks in the middle of two cylinders. Combo had several tenths left just not w the ly rods. LOL Just picked up the engine last week...new block shortfilled, scat h beams, maybe tunnel ram this time? And several project cars in our stable looking at more street then strip this time, probably 6 point and leaf springs,.possibly in a 73 roadrunner...not sure on the car 100% yet.
Hello Curious Yellow 71. I see you have a TranzAct pro brake. However, Tranzact of Indy, Race Parts Wholesale Indianapolis, Joe Chrisman is not responding to any of my messages after I sent him a deposit for one of his Ultraflite transmissions on May 10th, 2021. We spoke on the phone several times, however over the last four months he will not answer the phone at (317) 846-4933, emails to [email protected], or certified letters sent to his address 503 North Arthur Drive, Indianapolis, IN 46280. Do you know how to contact him? I hope he is not trying to keep this money without doing his job. I hope this does not happen to anyone else.

Thanks for any help!

Hello Curious Yellow 71. I see you have a TranzAct pro brake. (317) 846-4933, emails to [email protected], or certified letters sent to his address 503 North Arthur Drive, Indianapolis, IN 46280. Do you know how to contact him? I hope he is not trying to keep this money without doing his job. I hope this does not happen to anyone else.

Thanks for any help!
Sorry to hear you have a issue. I have to look through my records but I think contact info is the the same as I have. I have heard Joe is REALLY, REALLY hard to get a hold of. I remember almost giving up and then he called me back. Guys have said noon is the only time they have had any luck reaching him. It was many years ago when I bought from him. I have 2 brakes yet.
I would PM Doug (DVW) and see what he might know. I think he has dealt with tranzact more recent then I.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear you have a issue. I have to look through my records but I think contact info is the the same as I have. I have heard Joe is REALLY, REALLY hard to get a hold of. I remember almost giving up and then he called me back. Guys have said noon is the only time they have had any luck reaching him. It was many years ago when I bought from him. I have 2 brakes yet.
I would PM Doug (DVW) and see what he might know. I think he has dealt with tranzact more recent then I.
Thanks so much! I bought another transbrake from Joe years ago and it worked fine. That’s why I trusted him this time. I Wil PM Doug.
Merry Christmas to you.

Well put Ron!

Actually I dont mention my eng size just say a Max Wedge clone. But I do have "426 Max Wedge " decals on the hood scoop as it just looks more normal then 493 Max Wedge. LoL. Take care , Ron

Sorry if I've posted this up before, not going through 41 posts, so here it is again?...back in 1989>
1969 446ci Cuda, back halved
Stock CR 440-6 motor. -040 fel-pro's so 9.8:1?
BV 906 heads (260cfm?)
850DP, Team G dom intake+ adapter
2" f/wells
CC. .650/.650", [email protected] SFT cam
HS r/rockers, battleship springs with small spring removed
Milodon s/line external oil system
727 fmvb, A1 4800 stall, f/brake
8.3/4" w/35 spline strange shafts/spool
4.88's, 14x32's (4psi in those days:()
L/bars, c/overs
90/10's
approx weight@line 3280lbs, all steel apart from hood, tin work
only made 1 run NA, 10.71@125 then hit with a small shot to go 9.96
had 10.5's in it with more air in tyres and calm front down but that was then.

69cuda.jpg

Last edited:
Now down to a best 60 of 1.4216 and 10.30, with the S&M tribute RR, there's more in it, just wish he would get rid of those old 90/10's and fit dble adjustable's to front, needs to slow front down some and for the rears also over the 9-ways, remove the exhausts, air cleaner for just the base, fit wilwood brakes for the std. 11" grossly heavy drums, fit lightweight fronts with 27"+ f/runners and try a spacer and perhaps a Thumper 4150 1050-ish carb although it runs well with old 950HP and I'm sure 10.1's are there with more consistency. But thats just me, forever chasing ET in a brkt class, consistency is it but the cars all over the place currently and will remain so by the looks of it, shame, it could be a winner instead of going out 1st round mostly. I don't crew anymore but try and advise still, he's a good old guy.

Last edited:
My junker broke into the 10's 10.93 back in March 2022, still had fuel volume issues, should be fixed now but its to dang hot out here for testing, street car cold AC, Od 46rh trans, 512 9.7 comp, small hydro roller cam, my home ported Stealth heads, Hilborn Holley EFI

111.jpg

Charger55.jpg

Not a B but an E but thought it worth a mention, almost but not quite a 10 sec car.....yet
All steel street/strip car, 440NA, approx 10.8:1CR, sft cam in the .580's" with 1.6 rockers, don't know @.50, M1, wilson spacer, 830cfn DP
Eddy ported heads, 300cfm, 1.75" hdrs
recent used converter TCI super street fighter that flashes to near 5k in his 3800lb weight.
727rmvb, 3.91's with stiff wall slicks@up to 22psi, caltracs, 8.75.
best 11.06@121

JIMSMITH LAUNCH.jpg

I just thought I'd put this run up as a final note on the RR saga, one of his better hits in action, I think this was the 10.30 run.

Never been to the "Racers Hangout" before. As I do not consider myself one anymore. Did a lot of it in the mid 70's- early 90's. Actually had a 69 roadrunner that ran consistently on the national recor at that time. Back before "bracket racing". Yes as ya all know I'm an "old far" now 70 and change. The record at the time was 13.41 There was a pure stock class and a stock class. I ran in the E/S class. Was all I could afford at the time and it was a daily driver also. Went from there to a few street cars, and to a "bone stock 39 Ply business coupe. I'll stick a picture of the Coupe here also. Always wanted a big motor "Street Car" so my 2nd wife said build it. It has been to the track several times, in its 'spunky" set up. That I will put here with the list of stuff we (Rebecca - and Myself) have done. I did not do the machine work on the engine as their is no one in the area that I would feel safe (having the skill) to do. Mike Ware at "muscle Motors Racing" did it as a "crate package". Our quickest so far is a 10.70 bracket racing on the brakes, it's fun to push people out of their dial in! The 10.70 was on 21560r15 drag radials (28" tall tires with 4.11's, TCI comp 727 4500 stall). It is now mostly on the street (now an ATI 727 3500 stall and 30' drag radials). My guess is if I installed the 4.56's, race trany, and 10' slicks it might make 1030's)? 60ft. was 1.46. It goes to car shows and even grocery shopping. Most don't like the color (Moulin Rouge) - but is for sure a hot rod color. So here a few pictures of it, one of the coupe (which I wish I had back!!!). Won't let me but in the list. 66 Satellite, 16 gal. fuel cell, 493 cu.in. (Stroked 440), Running a 1050 Dominator/ Mi intake, and at present an ATI 727 (rated for 800 lb. Ft.) - manual shift valve body, 3500 stall, 4.11's, 8 3/4 with a 31 spline tru-trac, s/s springs, 3" mini tub, 10pt. cage. tied frame, had to take of the 10" drum brakes in the frt. off and added 74 Dart 11" discs, Delta Flow 40's straight to the axle and down spouted ( for that QUITE ride). actual weight 3520 lbs. full of fuel but no one in it. Plus lot of other odds and ends. Which is fair on the strip but can get a little crazy on the street. The little kids love to get in it at the Car Shows. I guess Rebecca and I are the only ones that encourage them to help themselves and get in. We tell the real little ones that it is the only car in the lot with "monkey bars" in it. well that's enough typing.

Staging lane @ Valley.jpg

Return road @ Valley 9-18.jpg

june 2022 Route 9 Show.JPG

39  P-8 business coupe 003.jpg

Dyno Results.jpg

Car Show Warning (3).JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back