• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your 9 second or Faster combo's

Yes Sir! going on 3 years or so
On stock main caps also ! seems the common thinking is that if u make 700 and up HP on a stock type block u r on borrowed time...u obviously r the exception :thumbsup:

On stock main caps also ! seems the common thinking is that if u make 700 and up HP on a stock type block u r on borrowed time...u obviously r the exception :thumbsup:
Trust me i treat it like I'm on borrowed time, i keep up on the maintenance For Sure!

Megablock 540, 4.5 stroke, Trickflow 240 ported to max wedge, solid roller, and a 1050 E85 dominator. Dyno’d at 849hp & 747tq. Best 60’ 1.30, 1/8th 6.12, mph 111. No 1/4 passes. Car weighs 3575lbs.

14DD2047-3FD2-480B-BFAD-D85E1BCBBFF1.jpeg

Never dynoed but a recent run at 3325?lbs ? give or take

1655941182845.png

There is more in it. But car is only legal to 10.0. That was through full 3” exhaust.

24E11822-A9A8-4538-9345-83E610D7D65C.jpeg

9797A38D-D2E1-4F59-93F4-CB14F11F3369.png

My best quarter mile pass yet at 3950# despite a lot of 5.70 and 5.80 1/8 mile passes. Hopefully moving to the 8 second list this fall
1C789C70-7E77-4E71-B991-33D2C723F2E1.jpeg

Look at that MPH vs weight. Boost is a wonderful thing. It took us a while to get my sons SB turbo car to 60ft. Eventually made it into the 1.39-1.40 range. Though the car wasn't as quick by any means best 9.55@142, 3775lbs, 3.54, 275 MT radials. It was a rpm vs boost vs timing learning curve.
Doug

Look at that MPH vs weight. Boost is a wonderful thing. It took us a while to get my sons SB turbo car to 60ft. Eventually made it into the 1.39-1.40 range. Though the car wasn't as quick by any means best 9.55@142, 3775lbs, 3.54, 275 MT radials. It was a rpm vs boost vs timing learning curve.
Doug
Boost is wonderful for sure. I went 157mph at US41 but spun so it was slower. The chute hit in the traps on this pass or it would’ve been faster. The deer hit was the next pass so that ended our week. The 1.41 is my best 60 but I’ve repeated it multiple times on marginal track prep so I think I can go 1.30s. As for learning curves, it’s been a two year curve trying to figure it out and this is the first year I don’t feel lost! Lol

Thought I'd put this up, not mine but a friends well known NSS car. Don't have all exact spec but this is all I know.....

572 Hemi, TR with 2 x Dommies, s/roller?, comp I don't know either, 727 with caltracs 10.5 tyres, 4.10's I presume. Dropped a retainer some time ago and now motor apart again for bad crank end play, 2 converters, both not right for combo, the 1 in pic was ok at hit as picture but too loose in the traps, hopefully he'll get it sorted. Sorry I don't know much more but good to see a bird at it even if some say its the wrong place for one. I don't think the motor is particularly too extreme.

It runs in the 9.60's@141, been 9.49 once.

Don_Scott_2021.jpg

Also we have the famous 3555 I/SA Nationwise Rod Shop challenger running here now with a 622ci all ally Hemi, been 9.35@142 backing off, its an 8 sec car sorted, currently trying to sort it from wanting to go skyward all the time, getting there slowly, chassis needs changing from stock 383 power.

duncan watts.jpg

Last edited:
I can tell you from my personal experience. My journey from a 9.30@143 car to an 8.98@149 car was a long and difficult road.
Doug

Yes I know Doug, not as easy as it sounds at that level but if you could see it perform you'd believe it, must be over 1000hp and 900ftlbs or so, its a big handful but the guy knows what he's doing, he's Mopar through to the extreme, had a Hemi chally back when I was racing moons ago and ran 9.4's then, first time out it was on the rear bumper, then a 9.4@134, slowly getting it sorted but not that easy even for him, dble adj's on front full tight etc. and its still wild, he's an ET chaser like me in a brkt class, be interesting to see just how quick it can run sorted even if the cut off for our NSS is 8.80 it won't matter to him.
And congrats to you on the 8's:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Well, I was hoping to be close or competitive against my long time good friend and his yellow 2005 Corvette. Seems "easy" for it to run mid to low 9s, on DOT legal drag radials. It was a supercharged LS using the factory computer control, reprogrammed (which will be obvious) but even with the BMP 572 RB ?7XX FT LBS TQ and ?6XX HP (not built yet but parts/block obtained and more to come), and gapped for a 350HP shot of nitrous, I don't know if I'm going to make low 9s, and now he has a DART block, since the LS blew up.

A bit of realism here Bio, if its first to the line then in all honesty from what I saw its going to be hard work, that car 60's, not impossible as Peter with the black Cuda runs 8's with a stick, see previous video, but thats a dedicated big tyre race car.
To beat that 9.20 your going have to make 1000hp with the N20 and 9.0's@149+ @3700lbs currently!, can be done of course and with a 29" tyre with your gearing its 7100 in the traps, not really a problem. But that is going to take a lot of sorting to work well and you'll be pushing your stuff hard and you better have it sorted good, not a lot of room for errors there.
Not being defeatist here at all as I'm an ET chaser as you know BUT its such a nice car it would be a shame to to put it though all that, its not a take it apart and rebuild it if it gets damaged which doesn't mean a whole bunch with a race car, for one your g/box won't handle that power I doubt.
I would get it built and enjoy the streets with some 1/4 mile action thrown in, see how it goes, you've got the parts to do it but perhaps think it all through a bit more before going for it is what I would say.

A bit of realism here Bio, if its first to the line then in all honesty from what I saw its going to be hard work, that car 60's, not impossible as Peter with the black Cuda runs 8's with a stick, see previous video, but thats a dedicated big tyre race car.
To beat that 9.20 your going have to make 1000hp with the N20 and 9.0's@149+ @3700lbs currently!, can be done of course and with a 29" tyre with your gearing its 7100 in the traps, not really a problem. But that is going to take a lot of sorting to work well and you'll be pushing your stuff hard and you better have it sorted good, not a lot of room for errors there.
Not being defeatist here at all as I'm an ET chaser as you know BUT its such a nice car it would be a shame to to put it though all that, its not a take it apart and rebuild it if it gets damaged which doesn't mean a whole bunch with a race car, for one your g/box won't handle that power I doubt.
I would get it built and enjoy the streets with some 1/4 mile action thrown in, see how it goes, you've got the parts to do it but perhaps think it all through a bit more before going for it is what I would say.
I agree with ALL of that. Honestly I'm surprised and amazed at how fast my dear friend's Vette is! He and I (and a number of our mutual best friends) all go back to our early teens knowing each other (in our late 50s now, and I'm 60) and we were "car guys" way back in high school and have been since! So if I never "catch up" to his car, that's fine, that's not why I got my Roadrunner and that's not why I'm building the 572, or all the prep work, parts, and systems I've put in it, I did all that for ME because it's what I wanted to do.
I'm happy to have a few long time close friends to go to the track with, and even if I beat him, he would do whatever he had to to "one up" me, and I believe he has an inate advantage. I know before he blew up the LS block, getting the car that fast was easy, not cheap in his case, because he had a lot of custom stuff made to make the supercharger work, but I think more knowledgeable do it yourself-ers could have saved even more. I credit him for doing a lot of the grunt work, installing and replacing parts and systems (like transmission) that I can't really do for a few reasons, but still, it seemed easy for him to get that fast.
There's a few other of our friends I've got covered once I get dialed in. Hey, somebody has to be "top dog" and besides, if he has his Vette parked at a 100 car show that I have my Roadrunner at, I KNOW I'm going to get the most oohs and ahhs!
Lol

Auto Transport Service
Back