• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

power brake booster for discs

pjrenu

Local time
12:50 AM
Reaction score
I have two complete booster/master cylinder set ups. One has a bracket that sets the booster off from the firewall .On install it appears to work well with the pedal mount and firewall .Measured it extends 23 inches but clears everything .It came from a Duster with discs. The other is a remanufactured booste /master and is suppose to fit a 69 B Body. But it doesnt line up with the pedal and looks as if it is suppose to attach to the firewall directly. I had it in place and clearance is not an issue as well. This was an original all drum manual brake car. It seems the easy part was retrofitting the drums to disc. If the Duster set up is right I will return the other the the store. Thanks for any information PJ
PS I should mention I am working on a 1966 Satellite 2 door HD Top Poly 318

The power brake cars had a link assembly that multiplied the pedal travel, and because of the way it's set up, the MC rod will not align with the pedal rod directly. Sounds like you are missing link assembly.

The power brake cars had a link assembly that multiplied the pedal travel, and because of the way it's set up, the MC rod will not align with the pedal rod directly. Sounds like you are missing link assembly.

Missing link?:rolling:
Doh! Sorry, long day....

power booster

I have a complete set up from a 70 Duster that has the double linkage set up.It bolts up to the firewall and meets the brake pedal assembly fine. It is a half inch longer than the the previous manual drum brake set up.

So I figured since the firewall on a 69 Satellite is the same part I would get a re manufactured assembly from Cardone. But if this is the right set up I am missing the double linkage setup.
I cant see why the Duster couldnt work but i thought hey B Bodies only someone there would know whats right. Has anyone used the Duster or similar set up? Thanks for the recent replies PJ

Unless you have some overriding reason to go to power, I would suggest you stay with manual.

Braking feel/modulation is so much better than power (with either a stock drum brake master, or an A body manual disk master - NO OTHER CHOICES NO MATTER WHAT YOU READ), that you will never want to go back.

Even wives will prefer it after a couple of minutes (and they will initially hate it to the point that they will accuse you of trying to kill them)!

1969coronet440 has your answer!!!I have two booster cans to hold the vacum for my power brakes on my 67 GTX..With a .509 lift purple cam shaft there is very little vacum to stop the car...The red bore master takes out the hassle!!!It also got a good write up in mopar mag!!!
Petty Blue 67 GTX
I,d rather push my PLYMOUTH than drive a ford!!!!

Hey, I think I just came across a similar problem. 68 Runner, WAS a 4 wheel MANUAL drum car. I want power brakes because, well, because that's just what I'm used to. I just got a remanufactured unit from Cardone, the booster / master cylinder assembly. It is the one Rock Auto sells specifically for a 68 Satellite with 4 wheel POWER drums.

I just got in from the garage, bolting the unit on. It bolts directly to the firewall, but the push rod is too short and sits too high to hook up to the pedal. I'm obviously missing something, but I don't know what. Wrong pedal? Wrong pedal mount? Who here has what I need, and how much do you want for it?

I'm going to post this in another thread of its own, as well, so I can get this figured out asap.

Thanks!

Tommy

Auto Transport Service
Back