• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Power Steering Pressure Hose Routing

Detroit Iron

Local time
2:31 PM
Reaction score
I put a stock fan shroud on my car and had to reroute the power steering hose so it didn't hit the shroud. This is a '64 Polara 383 with the original '64 power steering pump. The pressure hose looks a little off to me, but there's really no other way to route it. I'd like to see some photos of other members power steering hose routing. I may not even have the correct hose. If you have a nice tidy setup, please do share a photo and or part number. Thank you!
IMG_1243.JPG
IMG_1244.JPG
IMG_1245.JPG

image.jpeg
I put a stock fan shroud on my car and had to reroute the power steering hose so it didn't hit the shroud. This is a '64 Polara 383 with the original '64 power steering pump. The pressure hose looks a little off to me, but there's really no other way to route it. I'd like to see some photos of other members power steering hose routing. I may not even have the correct hose. If you have a nice tidy setup, please do share a photo and or part number. Thank you!View attachment 351665 View attachment 351666 View attachment 351667
Here is my 63 Dodge. Pretty much looks the same. image.jpeg

Hey Detroit Iron

Nice and clean under the bonnet, looks nice! I'd say you just need to angle the fitting on the steering box a few more degrees towards the rear so the excess hose doesn't ride up the inner fender quite so high...

Nice pics, on the subject off pumps. Those look like TRW pumps
I'm rebuilding one myself for a 64 Fury. On the back of pump, is there 1 or 2 bolts mounting the bracket to pump body, any pics. Thanks in advance

Auto Transport Service
Back