• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PPG Omni Line Thoughts?

Nothing at all wrong with the Omni line of Ppg.
As mentioned before it is a lower cost paint. Keep in mind there is more than one Omni grade.
Can you panel paint and match a oem adjacent color panel , no prob not. But you can blend with it just fine.
But for a complete job it's ok. Omni plus base is a good choice. MTK is a single stage urethane that is lower cost but coverage is ok. Then you can get into dcc ppg, covers good.
20220224_163622.jpg

20220224_163237.jpg

20220224_163155.jpg

The omni base colors are just fine, I would choose a good clear like 3000 or 4000 ppg.
Most everytime you hear of a paint fail it's because of crappy prep or mixing of dissimilar products, also air borne contamination.
Someone spraying a rattle can of who knows what while your in the booth.

Last edited:
I've used Omni urethane SS and the enamel SS. Never had an issue with it. I painted half of my satellite with it, lots of peel, but that's just because the conditions/time crunch I was in. Color match was pretty solid for standard, used a full quart.

Anyone use PPG Omni line base paint? If so your thoughts please…..
I've used Omni recently. I used the MTK single stage acrylic urethane. I had good results with it. It seems to be pretty durable. I did a hood and trunk lid with it. Durability I think is pretty good. Recently, I got a little dent in that trunk lid. Had a dent wizard guy work it out. Came out perfect and the Omni didn't crack. It lays nice. Kind of off topic; I used the Omni 2k primer and topcoated with the Omni single stage. Also, the Omni 2k primer is very good and sands well too. Not bad for a middle of the road paint. Probably others will say otherwise, but results were good for me.

I've seen several outrageously beautiful cars finished with Omni products. I have not used it personally but I believe the overall quality of the finished product comes down to the hard work and skills of the person doing the work more than the brand name on the can.

I've seen several outrageously beautiful cars finished with Omni products. I have not used it personally but I believe the overall quality of the finished product comes down to the hard work and skills of the person doing the work more than the brand name on the can.
Ain't that the truth?!

Auto Transport Service
Back