• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre-Bent Brakelines? Any suggestions on what I need or who is worth ordering from?

Roberttsf

Local time
12:06 AM
Reaction score
I need to redo the entire brake system. I really don't want to try and rebend everything from scratch if I can get something decent that will save me a ton of time. Let me know what you guys think?

Thanks again,

Rob

Well here is a third choice for ya. I got my last two sets of brake and fuel lines from Fine Lines for my '71 Challenger and '69 GTX. The fit was good and I would use them again.

Close, but may apply...

I bought Right Stuff stainless transmission lines.

The went in fairly easy- actually easier than taking out the factory lines, however...

The bends were not the same. They made them easier to fit by changing the routing from wedged between the selector linkage, to going under the linkage, and by swapping the ends that go into the radiator/cooler.

It did make them easier to install, but they're not technically factory correct, and it's noticable with the shiny line under the linkage.

Not a big deal for me, but perhaps they should have said something.

just got the complete set from in line tube Two weeks ago for my 65 Plymouth and couldn't be happier, also used them om my 67 charger another great Fit !

I need to redo the entire brake system. I really don't want to try and rebend everything from scratch if I can get something decent that will save me a ton of time. Let me know what you guys think?

Thanks again,

Rob

We do offer pre bent lines in stainless if you are interested as well?

Thanks
James

I have front disc and rear drum and I bought a power brake booster from classic performance products which fit and installed so easily, I am suspicious that at any minute something else will go wrong :) (nothing on these old cars goes easy). Problem is the proportioning valve for it mounts at just below the booster on a specially made bracket, instead of the stock location down on the lower drivers firewall. I am trying to determine the best way to tackle this because I have two options as I see it:
1. Run all four lines the 36 inches required down to the existing brake lines and try and find a way to couple the lines together with no leaks. Sounds simple in words but in practice with 50 year old lines could be tricky. or,
2. Since I am running brake lines, I figure I might aswell replace everything before I get 5 miles down the road and have a problem. However, looking at all the bends and around the frame, looks like *** pain and agrevation, that might end up looking worse than what i've got with the orginial lines.

Even after a little cost benefit analysis I'm still not sure. Any thoughts fellas?

Rob

Pre~Bent Lines Complete kit ! for my 65 Plymouth $85.00 No brainier !

Master cylinder not in stock location,probably need to make those, hope this Helps

I always use Fine Lines fits perfect.One time I bought lines from the Right Stuff and it did not fit as well.

I have front disc and rear drum and I bought a power brake booster from classic performance products which fit and installed so easily, I am suspicious that at any minute something else will go wrong :) (nothing on these old cars goes easy). Problem is the proportioning valve for it mounts at just below the booster on a specially made bracket, instead of the stock location down on the lower drivers firewall. I am trying to determine the best way to tackle this because I have two options as I see it:
1. Run all four lines the 36 inches required down to the existing brake lines and try and find a way to couple the lines together with no leaks. Sounds simple in words but in practice with 50 year old lines could be tricky. or,
2. Since I am running brake lines, I figure I might aswell replace everything before I get 5 miles down the road and have a problem. However, looking at all the bends and around the frame, looks like *** pain and agrevation, that might end up looking worse than what i've got with the orginial lines.

Even after a little cost benefit analysis I'm still not sure. Any thoughts fellas?

Rob
I just installed the same setup with the proportioning valve mounted below the master cylinder. I did it old school and bent my lines myself, it didn't take very long at all. The only one that can be a pain is the one that runs across the firewall, I used the original as a pattern taping them together as I went "no problems" just make sure you double flare the ends. With that setup I think buying pre-bent lines would be a waste of money seeing how it wouldn't fit without more splicing defeating the purpose of buying pre-bent lines. If you really want the pre-bent lines I would definetly remount the proportioning valve where it belongs, I was going to do this but because of header clearance I left it where it was. Even at that you will still have some modifying to do to the ends because the new proportioning valve has the lines coming out in different spots and angles. This is all presuming that we have the same setup, yours may be different. Good Luck

Auto Transport Service
Back