• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Prep question

Wojo68

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:18 PM
Reaction score
Gonna spray paint my grill. Before I paint, I have to clean it up. Question is, After that, do I need to wipe it down with anything special? 68 GTX grill,, I don’t wanna screw this up, lol. Thanks

For proper adhesion you would wipe it down with a pro-grade wax/grease remover and adhesion promoter. Then tack rag it.

If possible use the highest quality paint you can. It is a very visible part of the car and it may be hard to get great results with a rattle-can paint.

RGAZ

I’m hoping this will work. I know there’s a couple colors involved
B4D95210-21F1-4723-B29A-0F5CB2573F07.jpeg

I've had great results with this stuff my aluminum trim restorations. It's far better then the original Mopar paint and as long as you prep well, and make sure you tape up with 3M auto body tape, you'll get very good results. Test it first....

AU_MatteFinish_Blk_12oz_L.png

I used 877 paint and it turned out great. Ran 3 pieces through dishwasher and then washed with Lacquer Thinner.

grille.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back