• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'Pretty' Master Cylinder

WmBaldwin57

Local time
9:34 PM
Reaction score
I need to purchase a new master cylinder and I was wondering if you can powder coat one and if so would it stand up to brake fluid? I didn't know if the heat treatment part would mess up the internals or not?

I don't have much experience with powder coating, but i wouldn't think it would be too much of an issue. though it might be cheaper/easier to paint it and switch to DOT 5 brake fluid which shouldn't hurt the paint. just an idea.

Anodized aluminum cylinders do good.....

if you are set on powder coat,all you have to do is disassemble the master(like you are gonna rebuild it)and make sure no powder gets inside of the cylinder,line holes,or the bowl.reassemble when done.rubber pistons and any orings would melt under enough heat.

I was planning on using DOT 4 for some reason, I was thinking there was a drawback to DOT 5 but I don't remember what it was. I intend to spend most of the time on the street, only rarely at the strip.

Auto Transport Service
Back