• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pro Flo 4. Edelbrock

Wondering what temp sending unit you guys recommend; just got my PF4 today and was surprised to see there wasn’t one included?

5A5A9ADF-7FD3-4489-A511-9F236115D07E.png
See post 123 on page 7. They subsequently sent me one. It was supposed to be in the box. Read today that all kits now come with tablets already synched too.

Last edited:
If you're going to replace the intake, add a throttle body injection system and a new distributor, the Proflo is almost the same cost. It might even be cheaper thane some TBI setups. That's a lot of performance for the price.

Called Edelbrock this morning, told them the coolant temp sensor was missing and they’re sending one out, no problems, no questions. Also answered a couple tech questions I had so if this is anyindication of the tech service I’m already MILES ahead of the service I got with my Accel DFI system.

I am tingling with excitement.. Hate to tease, but will update in a new thread later.

I figured out the missing coolant sensor mystery. Look at the box, and think BBM.. Checklist is only looking for a complete Manifold.

Just read a reminder on the Edelbrock forum, the use of leaded or av fuel can clog or mess up the 02 sensor. Was not aware of that. FYI only.

Yup, lead pollutes the O2. You can have it happen too if you drive a "Holiday Fogger" around working for vector control killing skeeters. AKA burning oil.

9555DAE3-0CAC-43F9-A1D1-AFADC8CCB0F3.jpeg
F6F74660-0EE9-4209-A5EF-49EF49272E9E.jpeg
F6F74660-0EE9-4209-A5EF-49EF49272E9E.jpeg
D31139EF-A2CC-4F9D-9891-5AB0D80CC541.jpeg
More FYI only. Tablet reads lower volts than actual when tested by billccm. Now the engine temp reads higher on the tablet than the aftermarket gauge or temp gun. 198 vs 180 ish. This found when testing a new radiator cap. 30 minute idle in driveway. Readings from top of radiator and thermostat housing.

Last edited:
Yeah, I have not cracked the battery code, yet, but my Gauge and the tablet are pretty close on temp.. Fan comes on at 185 and gauge reads 185 and they both stay right there at idle..

Dennis, I have a spare Sensor if you want to try it.. It is a common GM sensor and there are complaints about it being inaccurate.

Hey Dennis,

On the clearance pics you took, is the intake up in the bulge of the Coronet's hood?

Would you think the setup would clear a flat hood (69 Charger)?

Hey Dennis,

On the clearance pics you took, is the intake up in the bulge of the Coronet's hood?

Would you think the setup would clear a flat hood (69 Charger)?

Unsure. Car is in shop for Hydraulic Clutch. Will recheck and report back. On the Edelbrock Forums there is little clarity on this.

Dennis, I have a spare Sensor if you want to try it.. It is a common GM sensor and there are complaints about it being inaccurate.
Yup... ECT sensors are notorious for being off.. And with all the Chinese sensors these days it's only gotten worse..

Thanks...I agree, not getting much luck on a solid answer.

Auto Transport Service
Back