• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pro-Max ? Braided fuel line for mopar 6pack??? Don't do it!

BadBee

Local time
5:29 PM
Reaction score
Hello All,
This is what I got when I ordered my Six Pack fuel line kit( Advertised all Assembled) BUT NOT!!! Nearly $300 bucks later,!! In my opinion DON'T DO IT! Three A+N fittings one assembled lower fuel line with filter, 24" piece of 3/8 braided line and no DIRECTIONS or SCHEMATIC ! Not a GOOD WAY OF ADVERTISEMENT IN MY OP!! $285. LATER!!

image.jpg image.jpg

I ordered a kit like that for a Demon carb from Jegs, it looked assembled in the description but came in kit form. In a way I ended up happier with the finished product as it allowed me routing options I might not have had with a pre assembled component.

This outfit advertises it assembled, none the less they should tell us this!! I could have purchased this stuff in my area for 1/2 the $! A$32fuel gage,24" piece of fuel line=$15.00,
There are no differences in a fuel lines in six packs whether Factory or Custom Braided they are all going to the Fuel pump as advertised I called several times and NO RETURN CALL!! it's going
Back! I didn't pay to have to WHIZZER WHEEL CUT FUEL LINES, CRIMP, ETC.! BAD ADVERTISEMENT IN MY OPINION!

This outfit advertises it assembled, none the less they should tell us this!! I could have purchased this stuff in my area for 1/2 the $! A$32fuel gage,24" piece of fuel line=$15.00,
There are no differences in a fuel lines in six packs whether Factory or Custom Braided they are all going to the Fuel pump as advertised I called several times and NO RETURN CALL!! it's going
Back! I didn't pay to have to WHIZZER WHEEL CUT FUEL LINES, CRIMP, ETC.! BAD ADVERTISEMENT IN MY OPINION!
Do you have a link to where you bought it from?

Yes PRO MAX carberators check out the DISPLAY!

Here's the ad: It looks like $225.00 for both and plainly says they are "kits". Hope they take it back if that's what you want to do...
spacer.gif

Six Pack Braided Fuel Line
100_1223.jpg

Our Six Pack braided fuel line kit is designed for the performance enthusiast in mind. This kit transforms you Six Pack into a fuel drinking machine, and is no longer limited by the 5/16" factory lines. When building Six Pack engines for performance use we had found the factory lines to be a restriction. Our new kit now converts everything to -6 AN line (3/8"). Not only is this line larger but it also seals great and is flexible (no more leaky lines!!). We have also developed a new lower line kit that completes everything to the pump. Our lower line kit also features a -6 AN filter with a Stainless Steele 40 micron filter. The filter is re-useable and keeps the fuel to the carbs clean!

Upper SP line kit with gauge $150

Lower SP line kit with filter $75

image.jpg
That's the same ad, I talked with Ben when ordering and this was suppose to be "PRE FABBED"
I have mechanical 4782/4783's ,there were NO 3/8 adapters for the Carberators themselves either as in the picture above, here's my set up with factory fuel lines/MR.NORMS.
Thanks for inquiring BROTHER!!

I didn't see the fittings for the carbs in your pictures. Did they 'forget' to include them? If he said 'prefabbed', I can see why you're upset...

image.jpg
image.jpg
Here is the set up I recieved, center carb TEE is N.G. The lines should be down on the manifold , center carb throttle lever is in the way of the TEE as pictured.

Here's the MESS DAVE! It should IMITATE THE STOCK TUBING LINE as in the TOP PICTURE!!

Here's the MESS DAVE! It should IMITATE THE STOCK TUBING LINE as in the TOP PICTURE!!
You're right. Have you ever tried to cut a piece of S/S braided hose that short? I have the correct cutter and also a 3" cut-off wheel and it still pulls strands loose. Definitely did not get what you signed up for...

The promax vacuum set up is very nice, I have it.

I agree you got screwed on the mechanical fuel line. I pieced mine together for a whole bunch cheaper with a call to summit racing.

IMG_0736.JPG

You're right. Have you ever tried to cut a piece of S/S braided hose that short? I have the correct cutter and also a 3" cut-off wheel and it still pulls strands loose. Definitely did not get what you signed up for...

Very easy to do with the right cutter. I made mine in no time

if you can find any of the old magazine article pictures when those carbs first came out i'm pretty sure a fuel log was used. what was sent you is what my friend has. his is a maintenance headache. pretty sure he's had to replace the float bowls at least once from eating up the soft threads at the fuel inlet.

That's the one, real life changer over cut off wheels and duct tape.
Yeah, that's the one I have... Never have a problem if the hose is about 3" or longer. Shorter than that it will pull some wires.

Yeah, that's the one I have... Never have a problem if the hose is about 3" or longer. Shorter than that it will pull some wires.

I put one end together first before cutting it short. Works great! That's how I just knocked out those fuel lines.

Hemi ,
Look at the fuel tee on the center carb! The throttle return arm is in the middle of the FITTING!
Today 2 calls to PRO MAX + email with pictures = STILL NO RETURN PHONE CALL OR AN ANSWERED EMAIL! I left a message to send fittings from carb to fuel tees and I'll rest it on the manifold similar to the stock lines. Yes some SET UPs came with a fuel rail, Still BAD BUSINESS
On PRO MAX's part,

Auto Transport Service
Back