• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pro-Max ? Braided fuel line for mopar 6pack??? Don't do it!

So you cut the arm to accommodate space so it will return?

Hemi ,
Look at the fuel tee on the center carb! The throttle return arm is in the middle of the FITTING!
Today 2 calls to PRO MAX + email with pictures = STILL NO RETURN PHONE CALL OR AN ANSWERED EMAIL! I left a message to send fittings from carb to fuel tees and I'll rest it on the manifold similar to the stock lines. Yes some SET UPs came with a fuel rail, Still BAD BUSINESS
On PRO MAX's part,

So you cut the arm to accommodate space so it will return?

And so it'll open all the way. It'll hit the rear fitting also

If you look at mine the arm works off the vent on the center carb

if you can find any of the old magazine article pictures when those carbs first came out i'm pretty sure a fuel log was used. what was sent you is what my friend has. his is a maintenance headache. pretty sure he's had to replace the float bowls at least once from eating up the soft threads at the fuel inlet.

Hi LEW ,
Can the vent on the center carb be BYPASSED or plugged, or would it need a new metering block?
Thanks,
Mitch

I went without the vent, but I'm pretty sure I could have still used it. That arm is way longer than what it needed to be

Ok I'll go back to my mock set up tommorow ,but is the vent arm necessary ???

if you can find any of the old magazine article pictures when those carbs first came out i'm pretty sure a fuel log was used. what was sent you is what my friend has. his is a maintenance headache. pretty sure he's had to replace the float bowls at least once from eating up the soft threads at the fuel inlet.
LEW your in box is full!!

I bought the Pro Max kit early this spring, it was like the one in the picture and I was happy with it.
IMG_20160813_162102.jpg

Hello Brother,
Yes I see that's Awsome, however my carb fuel access is on the linkage side, I do not have vacuum pods, mine are mechanical,after 3 DAYS CALLING and emails NO ANSWER Or RETURN CALL AT ALL!! THEY (BEN) took the $ and ran, I left messages to forward me the 3 3/8" to -6 bushings, 3 45 degree hose end fittings + another 2' of hose, WTF are they selling KITS FOR IF THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT IS REQUIRED? Plus CUSTOMER CARE ABSOLUTELY SUCKS!! I'm RETURNING THE BAG OF PARTS!
On another note HOW'S THE CAR RUNNING?? ANY TIME SHEETS YET?

Not running yet but getting closer.

Hi LEW ,
Can the vent on the center carb be BYPASSED or plugged, or would it need a new metering block?
Thanks,
Mitch
i always adjusted the rod to keep the vent closed. i didn't like the fuel residue on the bowl.

i always adjusted the rod to keep the vent closed. i didn't like the fuel residue on the bowl.
With that being said, I can eliminate the rod and keep the vent closed? Also I'm in the process of getting a Magna Fuel log from Summit, Your correct on that statement ,AS USUAL!!

Tried to clear my mail box,...no luck with that. The type of air cleaner used may dictate the fuel line routing. Those carbs were meant to be a substitute for the A12 cars. The 69 carbs had a slow opening rate as compared to 70 and 71 and the flat bottom air cleaner made install simple a fuel log.

I have an original air cleaner, as far as inbox bring up conversation ,then there is an option box, go to leave conversation, press twice and your in business , it's a PIA .

I have an original air cleaner, as far as inbox bring up conversation ,then there is an option box, go to leave conversation, press twice and your in business , it's a PIA .
I've got stuff cleared out, thanks.

With that being said, I can eliminate the rod and keep the vent closed? Also I'm in the process of getting a Magna Fuel log from Summit, Your correct on that statement ,AS USUAL!!

use the fuel log, I'm going to convert mine over to something different.

Yes Summit has a Magna 3 Hole fuel log, I was gonna come off the carbs with a 3/8 to -6 an then use 3 45 degree hose end fittings to the fuel log mounted on the manifold then run back to the pump after that, I'll post a list of fittings and pics when I'm done.I checked prices at EARLS PLUMBING/HOLLEY site which is where PRO MAX gets their stuff and also SUMMIT, I'LL DEAL WITH EARL'S or SUMMIT NEVER AGAIN FROM PRO MAX THEY ARE A RIP OFF AND SERVICE IS DOUBLE SUCKY!!! DAY 6 AFTER EMAILS AND MULTIPLE CALLS OOOOOOOOO ANSWERS!!

Auto Transport Service
Back