• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pro-Tour Frustration

Wijns07

Local time
6:12 PM
Reaction score
I'm turning my second RoadRunner into a pro-touring car right now...which means suspension, steering, wheels etc...

And I'm having a bit of frustration with the rim selection available to us without having to go get some custom wheels made.

I'm looking for the following set-up:

Front: 18x8 or 19x8 with 4 - 5 backspacing.

Rear: 19x10 or 20x10 with 4-5 backspacing.

I found a pair that isn't so bad... but they have 5.13 backspace.

Do you think that I will be able to squeeze that in there?

Check wheels for 1994-2004 Mustangs, most have 4-5 " backspacing. I believe Andy F used Mustang wheels and Cobra brakes on his AutoX car.
Norman

I'm turning my second RoadRunner into a pro-touring car right now...which means suspension, steering, wheels etc...

And I'm having a bit of frustration with the rim selection available to us without having to go get some custom wheels made.

I'm looking for the following set-up:

Front: 18x8 or 19x8 with 4 - 5 backspacing.

Rear: 19x10 or 20x10 with 4-5 backspacing.

I found a pair that isn't so bad... but they have 5.13 backspace.

Do you think that I will be able to squeeze that in there?

Good luck, I had the same problem with mine. I ended up going with 18X8 fronts and 19X10 rears both with zero offset but they were custom made US Mag Ramblers and quite pricey. The standard cheaper wheels are harder to find in 19"s but 18"s and 20"s are plentiful as long as you are willing to settle on the backspacing's offered. My Charger has 285s out back with 0 offset (5" in 5" out") and they are a really nice fit with about 3/4" clearance on both sides.

Auto Transport Service
Back